Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

6 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If the goal is to win the division as a key to a Super Bowl team, then I think Dan Campbell is the answer.  Easily the Bucs are the softest team in the division.  I wonder if Marinelli will be available for DC. He is longer the play caller in Dallas, and I think his contract is up.  I just wonder how much longer he wants to coach.  Campbell played for Marinelli in Detroit.  Obviously, the Glazers know Rod.  I m all in for some Oklahoma drill.

HC-Dan Campbell

OC-Zac Taylor

DC'-Rod Marinelli

Campbell is my #1 guy. Won and learned under Parcells and became a better coach under Payton. He knows how to win but also learned lessons as an interim in Miami. I’m good with Zac Taylor but not Rod. I want an aggressive press man D or 3-4. I’m over this Tampa 2 garbage.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Honestly I thought about this. Campbell is not leaving NO to come to Tampa lol 

Why? He knows the division and may have a good relationship or respect for whoever we hire as GM. Cuz we suck? News flash, most teams firing a HC suck. Plus we got a damn good TE and he likes his TEs.

8 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Campbell is my #1 guy. Won and learned under Parcells and became a better coach under Payton. He knows how to win but also learned lessons as an interim in Miami. I’m good with Zac Taylor but not Rod. I want an aggressive press man D or 3-4. I’m over this Tampa 2 garbage.

If you 're picking from the Parcells tree from DC, Bowles could be an option. The reason why I brought up Rod was because when Campbell interviewed with the Colts, the DC was already in place who worked under him. 

I still believe they will find candidates.  Less we forget the SF job 2 years ago was less then attractive with even less certainty at QB and they landed an OC who just lost the Super Bowl. Hopefully, they pick right this time.  

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Why? He knows the division and may have a good relationship or respect for whoever we hire as GM. Cuz we suck? News flash, most teams firing a HC suck. Plus we got a damn good TE and he likes his TEs.

Not bc we suck but bc were dysfunctional  huge difference . No one wants the browns job bc of the same reasons. Now with Jon Dorsey things might change and they finally got something to work with at QB. Consistency of being terrible starting at the top with personnel decisions will not attract any Head coach. 

He will wait out an opportunity.  

Edit: especially if it’s a candidate within the division who knows how bad this roster is from an IQ standpoint. 

18 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If you 're picking from the Parcells tree from DC, Bowles could be an option. The reason why I brought up Rod was because when Campbell interviewed with the Colts, the DC was already in place who worked under him. 

I still believe they will find candidates.  Less we forget the SF job 2 years ago was less then attractive with even less certainty at QB and they landed an OC who just lost the Super Bowl. Hopefully, they pick right this time.  

Good points. And I’d be down for Bowles as a DC if he’s available. He’s been solid in that role.

EDIT: And we go 3-4 with Bowles so why not.

Shorty. IN other words to comment on why wouldn’t someone like Campbell want to come here? Well look at our last coaches. 

- Raheem Morris. Three years.  

- Greg Schiano - 2 

Lovie Smith - 2 

koetter - 3 

all 4 regimes have history of players quitting on their coaching staff. 

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Shorty. IN other words to comment on why wouldn’t someone like Campbell want to come here? Well look at our last coaches. 

- Raheem Morris. Three years.  

- Greg Schiano - 2 

Lovie Smith - 2 

koetter - 3 

all 4 regimes have history of players quitting on their coaching staff. 

Fair, but you could argue that each one of those coaches torpedoed the teams in their own unique way and the Glazers were hands off owners since day 1. If Campbell believes he can change the culture (which you’d have to believe if you’re gonna take over any losing franchise) then the Glazers have proven to let the GM and Coach do their thing. Problem is the Glazers haven’t picked the right GM or Coach.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Fair, but you could argue that each one of those coaches torpedoed the teams in their own unique way and the Glazers were hands off owners since day 1. If Campbell believes he can change the culture (which you’d have to believe if you’re gonna take over any losing franchise) then the Glazers have proven to let the GM and Coach do their thing. Problem is the Glazers haven’t picked the right GM or Coach.

Idc what the coach’s approach is. When players quit, other coaches will take notice and not want to be a part of that culture. 

I ve thought about this a lot, and I do  believe the Glazers will try and go after a big name HC.  I know the question is the Glazers need to change their ways.  Well, I m pretty confident when you are a billionare, you tend to believe you will figure things out eventually.  Otherwise, you wouldn t be a billionare.  For the lack of on field success, thr bottom line continues to grow for this franchise.  On social media fans are outraged, yet continue to watch on Sundays.  Posts will be made about the team s performance, draft, and head coach search.  Basically, nothing will happen to turn off the ATM machine.  I am a fan who is writing this, guilty as charged.  I will cry and complain. but I m a fan so I stay.

Sooo, with that out of the way, why would any big name HC want to come here?  Two words- Money and power.  The first one is easy and damn do the Glazers right the checks to HCs.  Power is easy as well.  Like Parcells says "Let me shop for the groceries".  Simple terms the GM works for the HC.

Who would be their focus?  Well, let me dive into a sensitive topic, Jameis.  I do not believe the Glazers have any intention of not picking up his 5th yr option, no matter what Koetter thinks of him.  If they wanted to move on from him, he would have been traded or deactivated game day.  Neither has happened.  Right or wrong, the Glazers stay out of game day decisions.  In the Glazers point of view, Jameis is in the picture for 19.  So get ready for big name retread, who is going to get a lot of money and power.  

The list will be pretty short and not make a lot of people happy, no particular order:

Arians

McCarthy

Harbaugh

Whatever happens come September '19, we ll all still be watching.  😉

While going through a lot of these we have brought up quite a few names.  One name that somewhat sticks out to me as I'm not sure if he'll still be on the team next year would be Gregg Williams.  I know he is not the offensive mind that we want, but the aggressive attitude this team needs.  While he's not the fancy name and not the first name that I would go after but he's a mindset that we haven't had since Schiano, he just needed know how to coach men instead of college players.  

While a lot of people want to say that no coach would want to come in and take of a team that has a culture of losing, I get to an extent.  It comes down to what the Glazers allow that next GM/HC do.  If they are given permission to blow it up however they feel is needed then it becomes a pretty attractive location.  Young core at skill positions and some decent vets.  They have the ability to go get their QB and with the rebuild the defense can go any way that they want and odds are, high draft picks this year. 

Now if the Glazers try to go get a coach that continues thinking we are on the cusp of being relevant again and expect a win now build, lord help us, we are never getting out of this losing culture.  

This team is in need of a scorched earth approach to purge a decent amount of the roster, even the jerseys need to go.

2 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'm at a crossroads with tanking or rooting for some wins. I love winning while Jameis is not QBing, but a better draft position is always enticing and is more appealing to the new prospective coaches...

The only way we move up is for other teams to win a couple more games than we lose. Our SOS is brutal for tiebreakers. We're picking last in whatever group of 3-13, 4-12, 5-11, etc. we end up in. All the ties are gonna help or hurt.

I wonder if the Glazers shock the world and go retread GM.  Off the topic of my head I can think of 4 possible retread GMs.  2 of them have ties to the Parcells tree which could make @Lil' Shorty possibly very happy.

The last time the Bucs made the playoffs was with a retread GM.  Current GMs that are retreads:  Spielman, Tannenbaum, Roseman, Allen, Hurney, Gettlemen, and Dorsey.  

Archived