Week 4 MNF KC @ DEN GD Thread

Broncofan

I thought that the chiefs defense had some nice moments in this game. I also know they spent their entire draft on defense this year, so I dont think it's crazy to think that their defense gets better as the year goes on. 

Also @Broncofan thank you for the wonderful, long, detailed posts. It's fantastic to read your insights and statistical breakdowns. 

"What does your friend do for a living?"

"Mahomie is a magician"

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I thought that the chiefs defense had some nice moments in this game. I also know they spent their entire draft on defense this year, so I dont think it's crazy to think that their defense gets better as the year goes on. 

My first time seeing the Chiefs this year, and their defense got very good pressure on Keenum. He had to rush so many throws, bet he was quite frustrated by that. 

11 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think you understand how delay of game works. On the 2nd and 30 play, Mahomes snapped the ball with 7 seconds left. So definitely no delay of game there. If there had been a dealy of game, it still would've made it 2nd and 35 anyway, not 3rd and 36.

So I assume you mean the next play. That was a 3rd and 7. Definitely was snapped with 0 on the clock. Though it's pretty common knowledge that they let it go a secondish. Typically a ref is watching the clock, once it hits zero they turn to see if it's been snapped, so there's a small delay there. Happens a few times a game. But even if they had call it, which would've been fine, that would've been 3rd and 12. Not 3rd and 36. Delay of game is a 5 yard penalty. Not...29 yards.

Now, 3rd and 12 still isn't a great situation. But, 4 down territory at that point. Two plays to get 12 yards isn't tough for our offense. And considering we threw a 35ish yard pass on the 3rd and 7 play, I would be surprised if that 5 yards made a huge difference. It certainly wouldn't have guaranteed that the game was over, like you're suggesting it would've.

You're just wrong on several levels here.

The one last night was egregious. Definitely longer than the typical grace period. But definitely not why the Broncos lost. Allowing a first down on a set of downs that has a second and 30 is just brutal regardless of the circumstances. Defense was pretty gassed and the 3rd down play was doubly frustrating on not getting that call because they were completely on their heels and gave up an easy chunk play.

Tough loss but such a great game. Mahomes is special. 

46 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Allowing a first down on a set of downs that has a second and 30 is just brutal regardless of the circumstances

the chiefs converted 3-4 times in this situation in the second half last night. Crazy. Those weapons, the play designs, the strong, accurate arm attached to a guy with great feet and amazing vision is an absolutely lethal combination. 

Archived