ALDS: Astros vs. Indians

Eagles27

3 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Springer, Altuve, and Bregman all on the same roster. That is one easy team to root for. Come on Astros!!!!!

Bregman isn't in the same area as the 3 I mentioned, but he's definitely not an easy guy to root for either.  Did we all forget that just last year he acted like a pissy middle schooler towards a fan on twitter?  

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

coming from a guy whose team is 1. eliminated already and 2.  have Addison Russell. oh

1.  The failures of the 2018 Cubs have nothing to do with how hateable the 2018 Astros are.

2.  The big, big difference here is that my team will be actively MOVING ON from the abuser, whereas your team actively ACQUIRED the abuser, fully knowing that he was an abuser when they made the trade.  

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Bregman isn't in the same area as the 3 I mentioned, but he's definitely not an easy guy to root for either.  Did we all forget that just last year he acted like a pissy middle schooler towards a fan on twitter?  

1.  The failures of the 2018 Cubs have nothing to do with how hateable the 2018 Astros are.

2.  The big, big difference here is that my team will be actively MOVING ON from the abuser, whereas your team actively ACQUIRED the abuser, fully knowing that he was an abuser when they made the trade.  

No we didn't forget, part of why I threw Bregs into that group was because I knew some people would disagree and it would ruffle some feathers. He is arrogant, he can be a dbag, but that's all a part of why I love him. He's not a dbag in the actual scumbag way, just in the fun, cocky way. The one exception was the tweet incident but there was a lot more to it than originally let on, the fan had posted a bunch of negative stuff about Bregman and @'ed him in it and Bregman responded. Still not something you'd expect a pro athlete to do, but not quite as bad as just imagining a fan saying "Trade Bregman for Sale" and Bregs going after this guy just for that. 

I'll also add I definitely don't think Gurriel and McCann are anywhere near the same level as Osuna on the likability scale. He's definitely much further down in my eyes. 

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm just pulling your chain man.

Archived