? Week 6: Bucs (2-2) @ Falcons (1-4)

Lil' Shorty

We've given Koetter every chance to succeed. We've given Smitty everything he wants on defense. We've spent premium picks on DE, DT, CB x3, and safety. Licht even found a way to get JPP when nobody on the planet knew it was a possibility.

The Glazers have shown patience. I don't think cleaning house (if need be) would be a deterrent to other possible coaches. Especially with the pieces already in place on offense.

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

A lot of Bucs fans on FB blaming Winston for this loss.

”He had Humph in the flat when he threw that pick”.

When people say that, you know they have no idea about football. Why the comms team were pushing that narrative shows you what you’re dealing with. By the time any QB resets their feet and gets rid of the ball, that LB a couple of yards from Humph is jumping that every day of the week.

Not to mention the defense is watching Jameis. Once he turns his head to the left, the whole defense would shift that way. Godwin was one on one with a defender not looking back. You throw that pass every time and trust Godwin to make the play. I wonder if the narrative would change if that was Mike Evans instead.

Hump was probably the checkdown on that play. He wasn't really running a route. He settled down in a pocket in the coverage. If he'd run a jerk route like Kamara does, then sure. But he slipped out of the backfield and settled five yards down the field. Then he turned around and stopped.

4 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

“The last play call shows the Bucs have no confidence in Winston to make a game winning throw”.

Discuss...

? Haters gonna hate.  Defense improved only gave up 10 points in the second half, some people just better off not engaging on forums.

4 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

“The last play call shows the Bucs have no confidence in Winston to make a game winning throw”.

Discuss...

Disagree. Throwing from the 26 yard line(where Winston was standing when he got the snap) where you need to get it into the endzone is nearly impossible no matter who the QB is. The entire defense is standing in or right outside the endzone, not to mention that one of the players in the endzone is Julio Jones. Its pretty much a tiny hail marry

Discuss...

lol

I don't care. I liked the call. Even if it didn't work. It was ballsy. I called for a hook and ladder a few weeks ago. It was one bounce away from working. Then nobody would even be talking about this.

Just now, Calibucsfan said:

Disagree. Throwing from the 26 yard line(where Winston was standing when he got the snap) where you need to get it into the endzone is nearly impossible no matter who the QB is. The entire defense is standing in or right outside the endzone. Its pretty much a tiny hail marry

I know dude. The hate for Winston is hilarious, but then you realise just how many clueless idiots support this franchise.

I liked the call. If only we pitched it slightly earlier...

I know dude. The hate for Winston is hilarious, but then you realise just how many clueless idiots support this franchise.

I liked the call. If only we pitched it slightly earlier...

Hump bobbling it didn't help. It was messy af in execution. Every lateral hit the turf.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

It s comical at this point to even be discussing the QB position.  If you 're considered a nice guy, you get a lot of latitude from the media.  Not a great guy, well we see that too

All Jameis has to do is play the greatest season a QB has ever played. Simple as that.

Archived