Week 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego

MistaBohmbastic

Weel 6 GDT: Browns vs. Team Formerly Known as San Diego  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Both ways.

yes.

our 4 man rush is better than our 4+ man rush due to more people covering their players. when we got killed by their screen on 3rd and long near the end of the game we should of been in dime defense, BBC, Peppers, Ward are all good enough tacklers for them to be out their vs TE's and RB's. 

why screen to Njoku, when 1. It has never worked. 2. Duke/andry have been good with them. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

why screen to Njoku, when 1. It has never worked. 2. Duke/andry have been good with them. 

I do not want to hear a screen or a reverse, or a double reverse for that matter, called again this season. Woof!

Just now, bruceb said:

I do not want to hear a screen or a reverse, or a double reverse for that matter, called again this season. Woof!

I hate that stupid pay where the wr goes screaming across the formation, then we snap it and run it for a few yards. it is repetition not deception.

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

yes.

our 4 man rush is better than our 4+ man rush due to more people covering their players. when we got killed by their screen on 3rd and long near the end of the game we should of been in dime defense, BBC, Peppers, Ward are all good enough tacklers for them to be out their vs TE's and RB's. 

I mean, I get it. Sometimes you sacrifice a play for short or no gain to setup something for later in the game. I think that one screen to Njoku that was blown up was actually on David. He was supposed to hit and release, but it was more like a touch and release and that hurt the play's result.

Still, Haley definitely ain't perfect, but I believe there's more to it than just not running screens.

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I mean, I get it. Sometimes you sacrifice a play for short or no gain to setup something for later in the game. I think that one screen to Njoku that was blown up was actually on David. He was supposed to hit and release, but it was more like a touch and release and that hurt the play's result.

Still, Haley definitely ain't perfect, but I believe there's more to it than just not running screens.

I woudn't be shocked if David didn't execute properly, but there was more than 1 Raven on him. 

My problem is there is at least 4-5 guys that are more elusive and quicker than David. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I woudn't be shocked if David didn't execute properly, but there was more than 1 Raven on him. 

My problem is there is at least 4-5 guys that are more elusive and quicker than David. 

Can't dispute that. My only presumption would be that Haley called that play as a means to set something up later. You give that same look down the line and get the Ravens to bite, it could set up a potentially big gain.

2 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Can't dispute that. My only presumption would be that Haley called that play as a means to set something up later. You give that same look down the line and get the Ravens to bite, it could set up a potentially big gain.

I am all for setting stuff up. 
the screen was on 2nd and 1. we ost 5 yards and then failed to convert 3rd and 6 I think. 

my preference ould be to run it twice and convert. 

I always prefer to convert on 2nd down. 

Heck Id prefer to take a shot to Callaway, or Njoku, great time for a PA. 

51 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My hope for this game is that myles rushes from somewhere other than over the LT. why not try the RT or the guard or the centre

He has been. They moved him over the RT vs the raiders and the Ravens for several series.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He has been. They moved him over the RT vs the raiders and the Ravens for several series.

ahh.

I saw Ogbah eat their Rt, and i thought, imagine Myes in that situation. 

Teams are game planning for Averys rushes, when ever he is over the RT, they know he is going to bull rush and he always gets chipped, we need to rush him and have a LB on the outside and to stop the chipping. 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

ahh.

I saw Ogbah eat their Rt, and i thought, imagine Myes in that situation. 

Teams are game planning for Averys rushes, when ever he is over the RT, they know he is going to bull rush and he always gets chipped, we need to rush him and have a LB on the outside and to stop the chipping. 

Garrett bullrushed their RT on one play and almost put him in Flaccos lap.

Archived