Week 6: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-3) - America's Team vs The Cowboys

Adrenaline_Flux

On 10/15/2018 at 2:41 AM, Tugboat said:

It's funny that we're here now.  When Church arrived, he was such a breath of fresh air when it came to coverage after Cyprien.  I guess predominantly because he actually could mostly keep his head above water with some coverage responsibilities.

Yeah. It happened quickly. We can't keep accepting something that is just adequate when we could be excelling at those positions. 

13 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Running the ball isn’t the issue I think they were hesitant to run the ball heavily do to the fact of depth. Yeldon was the only viable option to run the ball so I don’t think they necessarily wanted to run Yeldon into the ground. Also you have to take into account that if Yeldon was hurt it would have really put the team in precarious situation. No Fournette, Grant, or Yeldon would have been hectic.

Wilds had some decent runs in that stretch vs KC. If he wasn't good enough to split carries with Yeldon then why was he in the roster?  Well, we got the answer to that after the game. 

If you're concerned about TJ then you had to make sure there is a capable 3rd back out there because even if Corey didn't get hurt but Yeldon did,  what was your plan then? 

And then Dallas game, you signed Charles who also had decent runs.

The point im trying to make is that there's lots of people blaming these losses on our inability to run the ball without Fournette.

Sorry, but if we can't pick up 1st downs on 3rd and 3 and 3rd and 4 consistently? 

Your OC needs to be able to come up with ways to protect your QB long enough to pick up 3rd and 3/4.

Chip the rush. Misdirections. Moving the QB out of the pocket.

Besides you can't coach a game in fear of an injury. If there's a risk to a player in a game because of an existing injury, he shouldn't be out there and you better have someone ready who can play.

9 hours ago, Jags said:

Yeah. It happened quickly. We can't keep accepting something that is just adequate when we could be excelling at those positions. 

I'm not really sure Church was the problem this game (or all season really).

There were tons of miscommunication in the secondary. And the one big play I distinctly remember him missing was the TD to Beasley, which is a tough match up for most SS in the game.

That's on Walsh, who loves putting our guys in predicaments like that since...oh...the very first time he's coordinated for us (see Poz having to cover a WR)

7 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Wilds had some decent runs in that stretch vs KC. If he wasn't good enough to split carries with Yeldon then why was he in the roster?  Well, we got the answer to that after the game. 

And then Dallas game, you signed Charles who also had decent runs.

I’m not sure what games you have been watching Wilds had 2 carries for 6 yards in the KC game and Charles had 5 carries for 5 yards. So where these decent runs came from I have no earthly idea.

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

I’m not sure what games you have been watching Wilds had 2 carries for 6 yards in the KC game and Charles had 5 carries for 5 yards. So where these decent runs came from I have no earthly idea.

Wilds got 4 and 2 yards. 

And I confused Charles for Yeldon on that run before the TE reverse.

But the point still stands: we were running the football well enough to place our offense in 3rd and 3/4 in the early parts of both games before they got really out of hand.

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

Wilds got 4 and 2 yards. 

And I confused Charles for Yeldon on that run before the TE reverse.

But the point still stands: we were running the football well enough to place our offense in 3rd and 3/4 in the early parts of both games before they got really out of hand.

Which takes me back to the original point all the runs that you spoke of I agree with but they came by Yeldon on those plays that he carried the ball he ran well every other time a back touched the ball over the last 2 games it’s looked horrendous when your down big and every down counts you can’t keep feeding the ball to other players on hopes they’ll make something happen. But like I said earlier that’s the only logical explanation to why they didn’t continue to run the ball. Unless Hackett just wanted to continuously shoot hisself in the foot for the sake of doing it.

Archived