Week 6: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-3) - America's Team vs The Cowboys

Adrenaline_Flux

12 minutes ago, pwny said:

I just can’t believe they went into this season thinking Marqise Lee and this group of receivers weee going to get us a “Championship” this year.

It’s not like Arob has been worth that 42 million he got either but Norwell hasn’t been worth the 66 mill he got either.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

I like them both too, and I think going forward you leave the opportunity for them to rise up the depth charts. Same for Chark 

But there was no excuse to let an entire season live and die in the hands of two players who had a whole 12 games between them that they looked decent in. Moncrief is and always has been, at best a #3 receiver. Marqise Lee is a #2 at best.

I get that fans are optimistic about everything and I will give every fan a pass for thinking that was a decent group. But how the hell did a team that was prepping for what was supposed be to be a very, very serious title run think a group comprised of those players was going to win us games?

It just never made sense to me, when we had that real "difference-maker" to our WR corps just sitting there under our control on a Franchise tag at worst.  ARob would've been like picking up a reliable volume target stud at the top of the depth chart to improve a WR corps.  Instead, they seemed more keen on expecting continued development on the same trajectory from some guys, and cluttering up that #3ish range of the depth chart with more players than you can even get on the field at the same time in most sets.

It's not like ARob is an absolutely elite #1WR on a different plane of existence...but he's exactly the sort of "volume target" you want to bring some stability to the receiving corps week to week, and provide some of those "easy completions" that give a guy like Blake a bit of margin for error on contested catches.

But now, we've got an injured (as usual really) Lee who does nothing for us, and a bunch of decently talented lower rung guys who can really thrive when they're not asked to be "The Guy"...who are being asked to be the guy.  And don't seem to be succeeding.  Especially not with this QB.  They're kind of enough, when literally everything from the OLine to the RBs to the Defense as a unit are rolling perfectly.  But there's not nearly enough there to pick up the slack when other positions fall off due to injury, or whatever else.

4 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

It’s not like Arob has been worth that 42 million he got either but Norwell hasn’t been worth the 66 mill he got either.

The thing is, we didn't necessarily have to sign ARob to that longer-term $42M deal.  We could've just tagged him for the year and see where it goes.

Instead, i guess we're trying to save a few pennies here and there to roll-over to future years...where we're going to have to break up a bunch of key players on this defense for cap reasons anyway.  Rather than taking a shot this year.

36 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I mean, it may not matter record wise. But getting beat back to back weeks in dominating fashion probably means you just aren't a very good team. Which is really all that matters.

I don't really care to be in the position Houston/Indy were for years by beating up on us/you guys and winning an awful division just to get killed in the playoffs. But if we're getting beat like this against Dallas and their anemic offense, than the likelihood of them turning this around midseason isn't high imo.

Whoever wins the division will just get beat by the second place team in the West, East or North. 

Tom Coughlin joked before the season started that the Florida Times Union should run an article stating that Coughlins on the Hot Seat because every time that article is ran that some how he seems to find a way to win the SB. Well it’s time to run that article. 

I got flack when I said the 2019 Jags will not look the same faces wise. This wasn’t quite how I envisioned it failing I thought maybe an exit out the playoffs but with the downward spiral you can count on a lot of moving pieces this off season.  

30 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

The thing is, we didn't necessarily have to sign ARob to that longer-term $42M deal.  We could've just tagged him for the year and see where it goes.

Allen Robinson coming off an ACL on a one year deal when he didn't want to stay sounds like a perfect Randy Moss in Oakland situation.

5 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Allen Robinson coming off an ACL on a one year deal when he didn't want to stay sounds like a perfect Randy Moss in Oakland situation.

Yeah, I really don't think he was it as far as making sure we had better depth goes. I liked ARob, but he didn't want to be here and having a guy like that in the locker room isn't ideal. Would rather not pay a guy like that high end money, even with low level/short term risk.

Just pay someone solid/good (not Moncrief).

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I mean if we were dead set on bringing in some other mid tier receiver that maybe can play above their previous level, Taylor Gabriel was the answer. 

But I also don’t trust Hackett to use Gabriel the way Nagy has this year, or Shanny did in 2016.

Only thing you can hope for is at least 4-4 going into the bye and hopefully they can get some what healthy to attempt a play off push down the stretch but right now it maybe 3-5 going into the bye. Which in that case you can pretty much shut down operations.. even in this division. This team doesn’t respond well when things start rolling against them.. they have bounced back the next game but even down in games a 10 point lead for opposing teams seems like 20 with this team. We’ve never seen this team fight back thats not grit.. this team is great when it’s front running but it doesn’t know how to even claw out of adversity.

Just wanted to stop by and say sorry for your loss guys. And if it makes you feel any better we are probably heading to another 8-8 season because of this while keeping Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan as coaches. So I know it looks bad, but on the bright side, at least you don't have Jerry Jones.

Archived