Week 6: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) @ Dallas Cowboys (2-3) - America's Team vs The Cowboys

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Never walked out of a sporting event early before. Did today. This team is a joke.

How did you like the stadium though? Find any good places to eat?

Im sure everything sucks right now, but hopefully you found the Cowboys fans mostly respectful and enjoyed the venue. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

How did you like the stadium though? Find any good places to eat?

Im sure everything sucks right now, but hopefully you found the Cowboys fans mostly respectful and enjoyed the venue. 

I haven’t been to any other NFL games, so I cant judge against others, but if I was a Cowboys fan, I’d probably go to every game I could (provided they were good).

Fans inside the stadium were all respectful. The people who hang out outside the stadium but inside the ticketing areas were pretty much all jerks.

Just now, pwny said:

I haven’t been to any other NFL games, so I cant judge against others, but if I was a Cowboys fan, I’d probably go to every game I could (provided they were good).

Fans inside the stadium were all respectful. The people who hang out outside the stadium but inside the ticketing areas were pretty much all jerks.

Did you get any BBQ or Pluckers? 

1 hour ago, Jags said:

Church is a liability in coverage. 

It's funny that we're here now.  When Church arrived, he was such a breath of fresh air when it came to coverage after Cyprien.  I guess predominantly because he actually could mostly keep his head above water with some coverage responsibilities.

8 hours ago, pwny said:

This was your 1st NFL game ever?

It's difficult to pin point this to one player. For once I'll agree with the "coach speak" at the press con:  this is on everyone. 

The oline was abused (they were actually opening holes in the run game early on,  but then we get to 3rd and 4 and have to pass and it collapses) including our high prized LG.

The defensive line didn't get consistent push.

Multiple breakdowns in the secondary. 

Receivers not open. 

QB misses them when they are open. 

coaches got out coached again (any more brilliant ideas like a TE REVERSE Hack? WTF)

No one on our defense is playing as well as they did last season, with the exception maybe of Calais but his snaps are down.

And the offense is on shambles. To be fair, there is not much you can do when you are down to your third string LT, your C, RT, RG are constantly being monitored in practices for injuries, and your LG too.

When you look at a team and how they are built, you really want to look at where the high picks are and where the high salaries are.

QB who needs everything around him to be perfect making 19M.

Defense has high round picks and gazillions of $$$ invested just got shredded in back to back weeks by creative playcalling.

4th pick overall RB that's played less than a game.

This next game will be telling. Texans has not been able to block anyone, and our injured OLine has not been able to block anyone either.

Whichever offense is able to have some modicum of success wins this game.

i couldnt watch the game but based on the Box score scouting how the hell did we give up 80ish yards to a qb rushing the ball. 

based on the games numbers something is clearly wrong with our offense(probably has to do with a 3rd string LT whos really a guard) and having Bortles as a qb. this team needs to shake some things up. stop playing zone.  man to man defense. i know we have the corners and the pass rush for it so why cant we do it. 

13 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i couldnt watch the game but based on the Box score scouting how the hell did we give up 80ish yards to a qb rushing the ball. 

based on the games numbers something is clearly wrong with our offense(probably has to do with a 3rd string LT whos really a guard) and having Bortles as a qb. this team needs to shake some things up. stop playing zone.  man to man defense. i know we have the corners and the pass rush for it so why cant we do it. 

Wash is our Gus Bradley on the defense. Seattle fans complained that when Gus was the DC the defense was vanilla.. if you ask any hardcore Seattle fan that knows football they will tell you the defense didn’t truly take off until Dan Quinn took over as DC. I see similarities but tragic thing is there won’t probably be a huge change in philosophy. You can’t really change the identity of what the team has been doing because than you find your self feeling out things on the field that you’re  just not comfortable doing.

I’m pissed that Shanahan exposed this teams with bootlegs last yr and here we are today and Wash is still getting his *** handed to him with boot legs. Andy Reid has figured out how to revamp and tweak his offensive play calling effectively adding a scheme nit picking certain plays that he could use in order to reck havoc on opposing defenses. Yet Wash has 6 Pro Bowler on defense that is still pretty healthy but they still play per dominantly zone. Offense know if we can hold the point of attack they are only going to bring 4 the guys on the outside just have to get into windows sit down in holes in the zone and get open.. I haven’t seen anything innovative from Wash since Patriots week.. that doesn’t count because Wash and this whole team had that week circled since they dropped the ball last season. So of course they were dialed up for that game it seems as if that was this teams Super Bowl.

Fowler needs to play more until Campbell is fully healthy and I hate to see Ramsey hobbling around sit him down until he is healthy. We’re getting killed anyways why not? Wash was suppose to be getting heavy considerations for HC jobs this off season. ? yeah ok.

Lots of talk about the OL and missing Fournette but these are the Jags first possessions vs Dallas:

1. 3rd and 3 (1 yard throw to Dede)

2. 3rd and 7 (incomplete). However it was 2nd and 4 after a 6 yard run by Yeldon. it was Hackett's brilliant TE reverse that lost us 3 yards. 

3. Two 3rd and 3 before sack on Bortles.

4. 3rd and 4 (incomplete)

In all but 1 possession in that 1st half, we were in 3rd and very manageable. 

Vs KC here's our first few possessions

1. 3rd and 3, then 3rd and 10 (incomplete) 

2. 6 yard run by Yeldon followed by deep throw to Chark. Then sack on 1st down and all downhill. 

3. The infuriating drive.  Runs of 8, 5, 4, 17, 2. Threw after that run.  Then runs of 11, 4. 5 yard throw to get to 3rd and 1. Back to back shotgun turnover on downs. 

4. Sack fumble.

5. Screen pick six

Listen,  I'm usually the first one to call for more aggressiveness. But looking at these starts, you can't tell me that we've had a problem running the football. 

8 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Lots of talk about the OL and missing Fournette but these are the Jags first possessions vs Dallas:

1. 3rd and 3 (1 yard throw to Dede)

2. 3rd and 7 (incomplete). However it was 2nd and 4 after a 6 yard run by Yeldon. it was Hackett's brilliant TE reverse that lost us 3 yards. 

3. Two 3rd and 3 before sack on Bortles.

4. 3rd and 4 (incomplete)

In all but 1 possession in that 1st half, we were in 3rd and very manageable. 

Vs KC here's our first few possessions

1. 3rd and 3, then 3rd and 10 (incomplete) 

2. 6 yard run by Yeldon followed by deep throw to Chark. Then sack on 1st down and all downhill. 

3. The infuriating drive.  Runs of 8, 5, 4, 17, 2. Threw after that run.  Then runs of 11, 4. 5 yard throw to get to 3rd and 1. Back to back shotgun turnover on downs. 

4. Sack fumble.

5. Screen pick six

Listen,  I'm usually the first one to call for more aggressiveness. But looking at these starts, you can't tell me that we've had a problem running the football. 

Running the ball isn’t the issue I think they were hesitant to run the ball heavily do to the fact of depth. Yeldon was the only viable option to run the ball so I don’t think they necessarily wanted to run Yeldon into the ground. Also you have to take into account that if Yeldon was hurt it would have really put the team in precarious situation. No Fournette, Grant, or Yeldon would have been hectic.

Archived