Green Bay Packers Depreciation Thread

MacReady

Trigger warning: If you don't want to read it, don't read it.

Where did it go wrong?  There was a time, even with Capers, where we were a team guaranteed to win 10 games with a healthy Rodgers.  That time is over. 

Is it McCarthy, and has his scheme and preparation been figured out?  Evidence to support this is all the poor teams coming out strong against us recently and us being the confidence booster for young or inexperienced quarterbacks.  Is his inability to bench players who don't perform a factor?  Does he not give players a chance to thrive due to some technical shortcomings? 

Was it poor drafting?  Evidence points against this with players like Clark, Martinez, Aaron Jones, King... Was it draft position?  Too much winning and draft position catching up with us? 

Is Rodgers somehow ruined since 2015 by not trusting his targets and taking too long to throw? 

Is it just a lack of a good pass rusher?  I don't think this is it because even when we do get pressure over the past two years, quarterbacks are still completing passes over the middle and deep.  This has been an issue for two defensive coordinators. 

Most importantly, how does it get fixed?  Can it get fixed in one offseason while keeping the current staff in place, or do we need a hard reboot?

The Packers are not a good team right now. 

I believe it's all of the above.

Remember when Rodgers had Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Driver, Jones, and Finley? That's when he was great.

A couple bad drafts in a row.

McCarthy should go back to dancing in front of McDonald's in a Grimace costume.

Just now, Kepler said:

Hard reboot.

I agree.  If we keep acting like everything's fine, it will be too late to reboot with Rodgers.  Since we already re-signed Rodgers, we gotta move forward with Aaron instead of McCarthy, so that means Mike has gotsta go. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I just feel bad for our players.  Imagine being an NFL player and getting outcoached by a coach with CJ Beathard when yours has Aaron Rodgers. 

Our players don’t seem too concerned by this - that’s part of what upsets me.

The roster hasn't been that good for years. Looks like it's finally catching up to them as the conference gets better and better. They don't have much impact talent on either side of the ball

Who are the truly top tier players on this roster? Rodgers, Adams, Bak, Clark, Daniels. Maybe Bulaga but dude has been banged up a ton and has had struggles this season. That's really about it.

Just now, Kepler said:

Sad part is all that draft capital spent on the defense. The offense is really talent starved as a result.

No it's not.  MVS is on pace to have the best rookie receiver season in the Aaron Rodgers era.  He has 12 receptions for over 200 yards and a TD on the season.  That pace puts him at 32 receptions, 520 yards and 3 touchdowns.  That's something that less than 5 percent of 6th round receivers has done in 20 years of football. 

Jimmy Graham is almost always open and Rodgers doesn't throw to him.

Rodgers has time to pass, but doesn't.

Our offense is talented.  Rodgers just doesn't know it. 

31 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree.  If we keep acting like everything's fine, it will be too late to reboot with Rodgers.  Since we already re-signed Rodgers, we gotta move forward with Aaron instead of McCarthy, so that means Mike has gotsta go. 

About time you get it.  This coach is pathetic.

Archived