Why didn't the 2007 Indianapolis Colts get more respect nationally and repeated? A Peyton-Eli SB would have been good

Championshiporbust

5 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The 2005 team is a bigger disappointment IMO.

That was the best overall Manning era Colt team and they blew a golden opportunity with the Pats be in decline and the Chargers missing the playoffs. The 2005 Steelers were a much better team then their numbers suggested, but the Colts still should have beaten them and they would have face a Denver team that Peyton historically owned in the AFC championship game. 

At the same time the 2006 team had absolutely no business winning the Super Bowl, but they did anyway. In fact, I'd say that out of all of the Manning-Dungy Colts teams, the 2006 squad was either the least or at least second least likely to win the Super Bowl going into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, rich homie said:

Probably best not to make assumptions when you can admit you don't really know what you're talking about then.

Probably OK to assume that Captain Spamhead was appalling in a playoff game.

Peyton Manning was poor in the playoffs.  That's just a fact.  He had an 87.5 rating in the playoffs.  Averaged almost an interception a game, and less than 1.5 touchdowns per game. 

He won only three games in which his defense allowed more than 20 points.  Only three.  And those under 21 games from his opponents weren't exactly rare. 

Peyton Manning's defense allowed under 22 points 15 times in Manning's postseason career.  That's over half of Manning's playoff games where he couldn't score 23 points to win.  23 is the average for points scored in a game. 

Opponents in Manning's 27 playoff games AVERAGED 21.4 points per game. 

This notion that Manning never had a defense is false. 

Peyton Manning has the NFL record for most one and done postseason appearances. 

9 times he lost his first playoff game. 

In his one and done games, he averaged 17.3 points. 
In his one and done games, his defense allowed an average of 22. 

There was no insurmountable deficits Manning faced. 

In that 2007 game in question, Manning threw two interceptions. 

In fact, it's probably more ridiculous that I even asked the question - and should have just taken it as a given that he imploded in the playoffs AS USUAL.

So is this his ONE game that wasn't appalling then? 

At the same time the 2006 team had absolutely no business winning the Super Bowl, but they did anyway. In fact, I'd say that out of all of the Manning-Dungy Colts teams, the 2006 squad was either the least or at least second least likely to win the Super Bowl going into the playoffs.

Yeah, the 2006 team was not as good as the 2003-2005 teams IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Probably OK to assume that Captain Spamhead was appalling in a playoff game.

Peyton Manning was poor in the playoffs.  That's just a fact.  He had an 87.5 rating in the playoffs.  Averaged almost an interception a game, and less than 1.5 touchdowns per game. 

He won only three games in which his defense allowed more than 20 points.  Only three.  And those under 21 games from his opponents weren't exactly rare. 

Peyton Manning's defense allowed under 22 points 15 times in Manning's postseason career.  That's over half of Manning's playoff games where he couldn't score 23 points to win.  23 is the average for points scored in a game. 

Opponents in Manning's 27 playoff games AVERAGED 21.4 points per game. 

This notion that Manning never had a defense is false. 

Peyton Manning has the NFL record for most one and done postseason appearances. 

9 times he lost his first playoff game. 

In his one and done games, he averaged 17.3 points. 
In his one and done games, his defense allowed an average of 22. 

There was no insurmountable deficits Manning faced. 

In that 2007 game in question, Manning threw two interceptions. 

In fact, it's probably more ridiculous that I even asked the question - and should have just taken it as a given that he imploded in the playoffs AS USUAL.

So is this his ONE game that wasn't appalling then? 

I mean, you literally just got exposed for and admitted to not knowing what you're talking about, yet you still continue to spout this nonsense like you're an expert. 

The debate about Manning's playoff performances has been had too many times, I'm not going to entertain any more replies to it. Quite frankly, yeah, his playoff stats are not as good as his regular season stats, happens to everyone. They're not terrible either, especially in context. The only "terrible" part is the team record, of which I just gave a perfect example to show why is just a dumb thing to focus on when analyzing a single player.

Just now, rich homie said:

I mean, you literally just got exposed for and admitted to not knowing what you're talking about, yet you still continue to spout this nonsense like you're an expert. 

Hahahaha

You're all over the place, son.

Asked a simple question, and you've reacted like this. I guess you're trying to cover up that burning, niggling feeling of all the missed opportunities. Poor baby.

Image result for manning sad

8 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Yeah, the 2006 team was not as good as the 2003-2005 teams IMO. 

The worst run defense in NFL history, limping into the playoffs with a 3-4 record to finish the season. Sometimes football just doesn't make sense, like when the Packers won in 2010 as the 6th seed but then went one and done the next year on a 15-1 season. 

The worst run defense in NFL history, limping into the playoffs with a 3-4 record to finish the season. Sometimes football just doesn't make sense, like when the Packers won in 2010 as the 6th seed but then went one and done the next year on a 15-1 season. 

The Packers in 2010 did make sense. Their record was only 10-6, but they blew a ton of close games that year. They were certainly better then the 2011 team, that did nothing well outside of throwing the ball. 

The 2006 Colts (outside of the 2007 and 2011 Giants) are still the biggest "WTF" champions in recent memory IMO. 

Archived