The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

Just now, Dome said:

I’m just wondering why it took you so long to notice I knew your claim. I wasn’t subtle lol.

It made me think that I didn’t know your claim, cause you liked the post where I was questioning your claim rather than the previous posts where I was confirming I knew it.

So I’m not so much questioning your motive, but making sure there wasn’t a misunderstanding 

Well cause subtle maybe scum doesn't catch onto.  Blatant I might as well confirm lol 

Just now, Dome said:

Does that mean omar wouldn’t be in the game? I don’t know where else Omar would fit 

I don’t know, I’m just postulating on the subject because we brought up fake claims and major characters.  I think there are game design ways to free up major characters.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I think there are game design ways to free up major characters.

Yeah definitely.

Probably not a road we need to go down right now. 

So you were fading on bcb after some softclaiming tou viewed your night info differently. Where are you at  now? How much can you trust your night info knowing what you know about bcbs character?

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

My understanding of The Wire is that there is an internal struggle within the Barksdales.  A lot of that tension is rooted in Stringer, right now we are Barksdale, but susceptible to conversion to his ideation of Barksdale.  And police are either immune to recruitment, or can be recruited since Stringer engages in public corruption.

Yeah that’s possible. I don’t know anything about stringer but your theory makes sense.

so do you think matts is stringer then?

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

I read my dudes wiki 

I know Omar inflicts a lot of violence on the barksdales. But would that be his overall wincon? Wipe us out? How does he deal with the cops?

SK? Cult? Survivor?

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Yeah definitely.

Probably not a road we need to go down right now. 

So you were fading on bcb after some softclaiming tou viewed your night info differently. Where are you at  now? How much can you trust your night info knowing what you know about bcbs character?

I don't know.  I told everyone what my information is, an index card.  The rest is up for interpretation.  I found a reference to the police using them to map Barksdale activity, so I went with that.  If there is some tertiary relevance to an index card for bcb's soft claim (which he made before I gave the information on the index card) then I would be highly skeptical.  The only thing bcb referenced was police showing him one in a google search he did.

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

I know Omar inflicts a lot of violence on the barksdales. But would that be his overall wincon? Wipe us out? How does he deal with the cops?

SK? Cult? Survivor?

Could be just to outlive/kill me tbh.  Idk 

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

I don't know.  I told everyone what my information is, an index card.  The rest is up for interpretation.  I found a reference to the police using them to map Barksdale activity, so I went with that.  If there is some tertiary relevance to an index card for bcb's soft claim (which he made before I gave the information on the index card) then I would be highly skeptical.  The only thing bcb referenced was police showing him one in a google search he did.

I found another reference. 

outing your name wouldn’t hurt now would it?

@bcb1213

29 minutes ago, SwAg said:

My understanding of The Wire is that there is an internal struggle within the Barksdales.  A lot of that tension is rooted in Stringer, right now we are Barksdale, but susceptible to conversion to his ideation of Barksdale.  And police are either immune to recruitment, or can be recruited since Stringer engages in public corruption.

This is true, but it also comes a lot later on in the piece. Based on my role and the way it was worded, I think we are very early on in the timeline. 

17 minutes ago, SwAg said:

See the thing is, and maybe it is just Whicker terminology, but the show never once refers to an index card.

Archived