The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

I think @bcb1213 is detective Freamon. He’s claiming Stinkum.

When Bodie addresses Stinkum by name, he gets reprimanded. This scolding is well warranted. Even as Stinkum chides the young hopper, Freamon is already rifling through a pile of index cards and photos so that he can log the Barksdale’s lieutenant’s name and pager number

http://www.thewireblog.net/season-1/1-6-the-wire/the-epigraph-of-epigraphs/

@SwAg

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

I know Omar inflicts a lot of violence on the barksdales. But would that be his overall wincon? Wipe us out? How does he deal with the cops?

SK? Cult? Survivor?

Omar ia pretty cooperative with the cops while maintaining his own personal legion.

He testifies against William Gant in season one.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

When Bodie addresses Stinkum by name, he gets reprimanded. This scolding is well warranted. Even as Stinkum chides the young hopper, Freamon is already rifling through a pile of index cards and photos so that he can log the Barksdale’s lieutenant’s name and pager number

@SwAg

I think that's the reference bcb alluded to already, or at least that's what I took it as.

11 minutes ago, Dome said:

@SwAg

Ok so we can ignore them not being referred to as index cards in the show.

Just now, SwAg said:

I think that's the reference bcb alluded to already, or at least that's what I took it as.

If you read his wikipedia page. I think these index cards are the paper trail he uses to track down some big guys and work his way up the law enforcement ranks. This is from season 1. Around the time from the previous reference.

Freamon proves himself adept at building the Barksdale case through the use of a wiretap; he recognizes patterns of pager messages and telephone calls, which lead to several breakthroughs, most notably finding the main stash house in Pimlico. He also leads the investigation into the Barksdales' financial records and uncovers their various political connections, instructing Leander Sydnor and Roland Pryzbylewski in the mechanics of following the paper trail.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

If you read his wikipedia page. I think these index cards are the paper trail he uses to track down some big guys and work his way up the law enforcement ranks. This is from season 1. Around the time from the previous reference.

Freamon proves himself adept at building the Barksdale case through the use of a wiretap; he recognizes patterns of pager messages and telephone calls, which lead to several breakthroughs, most notably finding the main stash house in Pimlico. He also leads the investigation into the Barksdales' financial records and uncovers their various political connections, instructing Leander Sydnor and Roland Pryzbylewski in the mechanics of following the paper trail.

Freamon is 100% the best detective in the Baltimore Force. The reference to index cards confused me, but that's cleared up.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Well probably not, no. But what other index card references are there?

What are they in the show?

They're not really referred to at all, they are just there. Photos on a board, with names, linking people to the organisation. 

In early stages Freamon leads this.

Just now, khodder said:

They're not really referred to at all, they are just there. Photos on a board, with names, linking people to the organisation. 

In early stages Freamon leads this.

But it says he got pager numbers during this “raid” or whatever it was? Were those written on index cards?

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

But it says he got pager numbers during this “raid” or whatever it was? Were those written on index cards?

The police raid the low rises where the gang is currently dealing. On the wall Freamon sees a pager number that leads to D'Angelo.

Archived