Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

7 hours ago, Siv said:

Is this the first game we get to play a non mobile QB? Not that I think Goff or Cousins are great runners but it should be nice to finally play a statue. 

Brady's movement in the pocket is what sets him apart. He may run like he's got a piano on his back, but he slides in the pocket enough to give him plenty of time. His o-line is decent too. 

30 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is Kevin King gonna shadow Josh Gordon?
No way - no way in hell - we let Tramon try to tackle that beast - and Alex (while more than fast enough) is a bit on the "too small side" for my liking.

Gordon is getting a quarter off tonight for being late for a meeting. I'd guess he won't make them all this week either and Hoody cuts him before next week. It would not shock me in the least. 

Ross Uglem:

Rodgers' mobility in the red zone is a LETHAL part of his game. It is so clear now, that even with a RZ threat like Graham (and Adams) he is clearly lacking the confidence to let it rip when he's so used to making RZ magic with his legs.

Just now, Howler said:

Shut down white and Packers win going away.

Yep.  Honestly, Brady doesn't look like Brady.  People want to blame his offensive line and lack of weapons, but I'm not buying it.  He's had worse offensive lines, and worse weapons than Edleman, Gronkowski, Gordon, White.  He's got 7 interceptions on the season already, too.  The Patriots offense is their running backs right now.  It's no wonder why Belichick drafted Michel. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep.  Honestly, Brady doesn't look like Brady.  People want to blame his offensive line and lack of weapons, but I'm not buying it.  He's had worse offensive lines, and worse weapons than Edleman, Gronkowski, Gordon, White.  He's got 7 interceptions on the season already, too.  The Patriots offense is their running backs right now.  It's no wonder why Belichick drafted Michel. 

When they need a first down or td, they are looking White every time.  He's really good at creating separation in tight spaces, but defenses need to gameplan for him.

Packers win 30-20. That's my call. Take away White and Edelman on the underneath and force Brady to throw medium distance and long. He doesn't feel comfortable driving the ball downfield, the way that system is built. 

Alexander on Edelman

King on Gordon. 

1 hour ago, Howler said:

Packers win 30-20. That's my call. Take away White and Edelman on the underneath and force Brady to throw medium distance and long. He doesn't feel comfortable driving the ball downfield, the way that system is built.

Alexander on Edelman

King on Gordon. 

This makes sense. That'll be quite a battle between Jaire and Edelman.
Does:
Gordon generally line up on the same side - or move around?
KK "move" with a WR? Has be ever been designated to take and move with a single guy before?

Oh btw - lets not forget about Hogan LOL

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

This makes sense. That'll be quite a battle between Jaire and Edelman.
Does:
Gordon generally line up on the same side - or move around?
KK "move" with a WR? Has be ever been designated to take and move with a single guy before?

Oh btw - lets not forget about Hogan LOL

I expect jaire to bait Brady once or twice. I saw him slow up on cooks for a second and then broke on the ball. Not many guys can do that. 

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

He should have had an 8th INT on an ill advised pass to the flat and did throw one that didn't count on the 2 point conversion last night.  

Archived