Week 9 GDT - Green Bay (3-3-1) @ New England (6-2)

Leader

8 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Green Bay had the luxury however of having two weeks off to get ready for the Rams.....This and they got some people back (Allison and Cobb)....Losing the way they did could also have a negative affect.....Brady can be beaten, especially when he's pressured....If the defense can mix things up (ala the L.A. game), it would certainly be a benefit.....

Another upside is, we are in a weak division that nobody's taking charge of, and are only separated by a game between the first and last place teams......

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's put Josh Jones on White and have him play man coverage the entire game.  See if he can do that.  Not complicated, just man vs man, see if he's got talent there.

I wouldn't doubt he could do it either, he did it vs the Bengals last year. Wish we got more of that.

22 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I wouldn't doubt he could do it either, he did it vs the Bengals last year. Wish we got more of that.

It's frustrating that we can't ease him into it.  I know we don't want him out there during two minute warning type things, but he's got great talent and I want him on the field.

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's put Josh Jones on White and have him play man coverage the entire game.  See if he can do that.  Not complicated, just man vs man, see if he's got talent there.

It could work. He can really close and White won't run away from him.

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's frustrating that we can't ease him into it.  I know we don't want him out there during two minute warning type things, but he's got great talent and I want him on the field.

It just sucks Whitehead is playing his role pretty well, (not that I am complaining), but I believe Jones could be even better in that spot. Hell put some packages together where they are both on the field.

9 hours ago, Howler said:

It could work. He can really close and White won't run away from him.

Only thing I worry about there is White is crafty as hell. He doesn't make plays because he's fast or even that shifty. He's a pro at short route running and setting up defenders to get himself open. I could see him turning Jones inside out with some short area routes to create space. As a defender against White, you have to be pretty crafty yourself. That's not Jones. 

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

It's too bad we can't blow someone off the field and then have that flexibility to let some of these guys get some real game action.  As it is we are in a cardiac Pack situation and can't afford mistakes from guys like Jones, Montravious, etc.

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No thanks. Put him on Gronk. Agile guys are setting him up to fail. If you want to test him out there, put him on a guy like Gronk. Limited change of direction, just going to maul you out there and gain position on you using size and strength. It would be a straight physical fight, that's what Jones wants. White would eat his lunch. Cover White with Josh Jackson or Whitehead.

Good analysis.

JJ - 6'2 / 220#

Gronk - 6'6  268#

White - 5'10 / 205#

Tell ya true - the only guy I think quick / agile enough to truly shut down White is Alexander. He's got the necessary coverage / change of direction skills.

Alex - 5'10 / 196#

CBJJ - 6'0 / 196#

Whitehead - 5'11 / 195#

Archived