NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

High school? Really? So college doesn't matter and can be written off, but high school and a couple tournaments are fine? Huerter's rookie season in the NBA is irrelevant as well apparently. Just what Cam Reddish showed in high school. Awesome!

You keep talking about us providing proof (which we've done and you've seemingly completely glanced over), and you've provided absolutely nothing. All you've said is other people think he can be good defensively and you think he can play well at 20 lbs. heavier than he is now. That's it. That's all you've said besides making excuses for Reddish legitimately being a bad college basketball player.

We've both talked about Huerter being superior at the same age to Reddish, yet somehow you still think Reddish has more upside. I'm done here now.

Do we need a definition of upside? And holy strawman... you are getting desperate. Where did i say huerters rookie year is irrelevant?Where did i say the only important thing was what reddish showed in high school? What have you provided proof of, Huerter being better than cams one year at duke? Sure, but thats not the question of hand. So youve provided proof to something irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Cam is a quarter of an inch taller and has longer arms, so I guess theoretically he has more defensive potential. He did show out at times and I won't disagree here, but Huerter has a much bigger advantage on offense than Reddish has on defense.

Cam was excellent defensively all year for Duke and despite having a disappointing season offensively he always gave 110% effort on D. 

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Do we need a definition of upside? And holy strawman... you are getting desperate. Where did i say huerters rookie year is irrelevant?Where did i say the only important thing was what reddish showed in high school? What have you provided proof of, Huerter being better than cams one year at duke? Sure, but thats not the question of hand. So youve provided proof to something irrelevant. 

And what have you shown or said? Your point seems to be that Cam is currently worse and on a worse trajectory, so that means he has more room to grow.

29 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

And what have you shown or said? Your point seems to be that Cam is currently worse and on a worse trajectory, so that means he has more room to grow.

well ive shown that a whole lot of people thinks he can be very good on defense. and while you cant show that one year, as a freshman at duke no less, can be flukey thats essentially my position. a down year doesnt negate all the talent he has.

but please explain what you mean by worse trajectory.  when have i said that?

Tbh I like Cam. I think he has the chance to be a good 3&D guy who can run a good PnR as the ballhandler. I don't think he has that much 1v1 or creation potential tho (outside of running a PnR). 

Like Joe Ingles. But with a more sauce in the ball handling and a better ability to separate on jumpshots. And a little worse passing ability. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Like Joe Ingles. But with a more sauce in the ball handling and a better ability to separate on jumpshots. And a little worse passing ability. 

Ingles averaged 6 assists per game (7 per 36) as the 3rd ball handler / facilitator for the Jazz last season, he's an excellent playmaker. Cam Reddish had more turnovers than assists last season. 

21 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Reddish's flashes and best moments at Duke were better than Huerter's at Maryland. 

I think narratives around the draft are funny. Zions weakness was shooting and hes a pretty good shooter for a power forward. Its just hes so good at everything you have to criticize something.

Cam Reddish's strength was shooting because his forms good even though he's not a good shooter. He has 'potential' to be a good shooter. Zion is a better shooter than Cam is...

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

So he's Trevor Ariza.

That's not a terrible comparison. 12-14 ppg guy with really good to elite on-ball defense and shoots the 3 ball well isn't a bad thing to have. How was Huerter on defense last season? 

26 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I think narratives around the draft are funny. Zions weakness was shooting and hes a pretty good shooter for a power forward. Its just hes so good at everything you have to criticize something.

Cam Reddish's strength was shooting because his forms good even though he's not a good shooter. He has 'potential' to be a good shooter. Zion is a better shooter than Cam is...

Zion is not a better shooter than Reddish bruh, lmao. 

22 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Zion is a better shooter than Cam is...

No he is not. Zion took dare shots mostly. Cam was running around screens, pulling up out of PnRs, actually being guarded there. Zion took 70 threes. Cam took 270. Also Cam shot 77% from the ft line. Zion shot 64%. College Ft% is a better indicator of NBA 3pt shooting than the small sample size of 3PTAs a lot of prospects take. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Zion is not a better shooter than Reddish bruh, lmao. 

I guess we'll see. The greater point I was trying to make is that Cam Reddish for a shooter sucks at shooting. And for someone who's weakness is supposed to be shooting, its a minor concern for Zion. If it develops, thats amazing. If not, hes still a likely all star. If Cam Reddish doesn't improve at shooting quickly he won't be getting on the floor.