NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think he might be the only player to get drafted since '92 (sports reference only goes back that far) who averaged 10 assists per game to get drafted. He still has over a 2:1 assist:TO ratio. Trae last year was way under a 2:1 ratio.

He gets lazy in the zone but he is fine in man to man. 

He has also played the 284th best schedule this year. College stats are meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

3. Decision making: He's 2nd in the NCAA in TO's and 1st in TO%, he'll be only he 2nd player drafted in the first round that averaged 5+ TO per game in the year he got drafted. Murray State has played one of the worst schedules in the country this year and he has had problems taking care of the ball against them, how will that translate to the next level? 

I literally just addressed the turnovers. He doesn't have decision making issues. Anybody that's watched him consistently knows that. Quit using numbers as a be all, end all especially in college where the numbers rarely translate to the NBA. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has also played the 284th best schedule this year. College stats are meaningless. 

OK if he averaged 8 points and 3 assists he would still be a top 5 pick?

Also if his roll man wasn't a 6'8'' dude with a six inch vert maybe he could make easy lob passes instead of having to pass through hands on every PnR. Playing in a lower level also effects him because he has to play with those guys.

I'm pretty sure McCollum, Lillard, Curry etc. all played weak schedules.

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Weber State: 252

Davidson: 220

Lehigh: 220

In Lillard's, McCollum's and Curry's last seasons.

All 3 of those dudes shot the ball at an elite level in college. Has there been any small school guard that couldn’t shoot and has been selected early?

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I literally just addressed the turnovers. He doesn't have decision making issues. Anybody that's watched him consistently knows that. Quit using numbers as a be all, end all especially in college where the numbers rarely translate to the NBA. 

Morant plays against kids that didn’t even play varsity until senior year in HS. His defense, shooting, and ball security are all a major question mark. You love to rag other prospects but Ja can do no wrong in your eyes. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Morant plays against kids that didn’t even play varsity until senior year in HS. His defense, shooting, and ball security are all a major question mark. You love to rag other prospects but Ja can do no wrong in your eyes. 

lol no, not at all. I've legitimately questioned his defense and shooting, so those are very valid issues. The turnovers, which you've harped on all year looking at just the numbers, are a non-issue. He handles the ball more than any player in the country and faces triple teams and stacked defenses on a nightly basis. You say it's a decision making issue, which it's not. It's a result of having so much focus on him and having lesser players around him (which you also fail to address...not only does he play against lesser players, he plays WITH lesser players). They also play at an very fast pace. You're just butt hurt because I like him more than your blowhard kid at Duke.

21 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol no, not at all. I've legitimately questioned his defense and shooting, so those are very valid issues. The turnovers, which you've harped on all year looking at just the numbers, are a non-issue. He handles the ball more than any player in the country and faces triple teams and stacked defenses on a nightly basis. You say it's a decision making issue, which it's not. It's a result of having so much focus on him and having lesser players around him (which you also fail to address...not only does he play against lesser players, he plays WITH lesser players). They also play at an very fast pace. You're just butt hurt because I like him more than your blowhard kid at Duke.

How many great PG in the league that can’t shoot or play defense? 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

How many great PG in the league that can’t shoot or play defense? 

Ja's an 80% FT shooter and shoots with good form. I'm not worried about his shooting. The sky is the limit for the kid with NBA coaching. 

Regardless, let's move on. I'm done going in circles with you.

Archived