Weel 8 MNF thread: Please just don't lose by 30

Thelonebillsfan

4 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

That was not a blindside block. That was picture perfect right in front of the guy. Used shoulder. Doesn't get any cleaner. Just a hard block. Defender should have been looking up

I know as fans it’s hard to be objective, but that was a blindside block according the rule. Correct call.

1 minute ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I know as fans it’s hard to be objective, but that was a blindside block according the rule. Correct call.

I think that's a tough call. Hes very much still involved in the play. That block sprung him for another ten yards. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

I think that's a tough call. Hes very much still involved in the play. That block sprung him for another ten yards. 

The definition of a blindside block established by the committee is "a block against an opponent other than the runner, who does not see the blocker approaching,"

He clearly didn’t see Benjamin coming. Whether he should have been paying attention or not is not open for interpretation. That is a penalty in today’s NFL.

1 minute ago, Billsfaninptown said:

The definition of a blindside block established by the committee is "a block against an opponent other than the runner, who does not see the blocker approaching,"

He clearly didn’t see Benjamin coming. Whether he should have been paying attention or not is not open for interpretation. That is a penalty in today’s NFL.

He was looking right at Benjamin. In fact he ran right into the block. Just wasn't paying attention. But he did see him.

2 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I dont disagree at all with it being a penalty by law, it's just not called a lot because its directly involved in the play. I'm not that upset about it, just think it's a bit of a harsh call. 

Archived