Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They would want Ross, and the fact he's an expiring contract should have made it easier to trade for him.

The 76ers don't need more offense. They need defense. Ross would just take shots away from Harris/Butler/Embiid/Redick

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Hopefully the Grizzlies holding onto Conley wasn't a mistake. They expect better offers in the summer, but cap relief and a 1st is about the max I expected. I guess we'll see in a few months.

I don't think so. It's not like you have young promising guys starving for minutes in your back court. Whereas with Gasol you had a pair of promising young bucks in JJJ and Rabb who need all the playing time and possessions they can get this year. Having one of the better point guards in the league to help facilitate the offense and lead/mentor those young guys can only add to their development. I think Conley does ultimately get moved (before his contracts expires), but probably for the best that it isn't this year.

Just now, Utley said:

The 76ers don't need more offense. They need defense. Ross would just take shots away from Harris/Butler/Embiid/Redick

Ross has been a really good defender for us. Can't speak on his time in Toronto though never watched him there. His issue is that he's either on fire or just plain ****

Just now, Utley said:

Yeah, definitely didn't want more shooting.

When teams defend Simmons like he's Tony Allen, you'll change your tune.

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I don't think so. It's not like you have young promising guys starving for minutes in your back court. Whereas with Gasol you had a pair of promising young bucks in JJJ and Rabb who need all the playing time and possessions they can get this year. Having one of the better point guards in the league to help facilitate the offense and lead/mentor those young guys can only add to their development. I think Conley does ultimately get moved (before his contracts expires), but probably for the best that it isn't this year.

That's true, but Rubio could have done that as well.

2 minutes ago, Utley said:

Even when staggering minutes, assuming Ross came off the bench, I still think he would have been a significantly better addition than Simmons. Simmons has been incredibly poor this season, even as a defender. At least Ross would provide a proven scoring touch off the bench. And in that second unit with guys like McConnell, Ennis, Bolden/Scott, and Boban, that's desperately needed.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, definitely didn't want more shooting.

When teams defend Simmons like he's Tony Allen, you'll change your tune.

A spot-up shooter like Ellington makes more sense than a shot creator like Ross. 

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Even when staggering minutes, assuming Ross came off the bench, I still think he would have been a significantly better addition than Simmons. Simmons has been incredibly poor this season, even as a defender. At least Ross would provide a proven scoring touch off the bench. And in that second unit with guys like McConnell, Ennis, Bolden/Scott, and Boban, that's desperately needed.

There won't be a single minute that those five are all on the floor, unless it's garbage time.

Archived