Eagles v. Dolphins Preseason Week 3 GDT

Phire

6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wish I could say I'm sold on Wentz as the future of our franchise, but I'm not there yet.

There are some questions about accuracy and footwork, but he's still just starting his second season. I think the potential is there to be a great quarterback. Excited to seeing what he can do with real receivers.

Ended up getting some tickets to the game last night. Good times except for them pulling all the starters after 1 quarter, I would have watched at home if that was the case.

Second half I moseyed on down to row #3 in the corner endzone where Marcus Johnson caught the TD, pretty sweet view but I could never do that during a normal game.

10 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

he was out there for a large chunk of the 4th. He's kinda tiny you might not have seen him.

I was pretty sleepy by the 4th. I do recall some decent plays toward the end. Of course by the 4th quarter you're playing guys who'll be flipping burgers soon.

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Only a matter of time. Mack Hollins, Marcus Johnson, and Treggs needs to keep outperforming him, which shouldn't be hard. We were probably hoping he would prove he's worth at least a 7th round pick in a trade, but no dice. If Doug keeps him at starting slot WR, then Doug is definitely a doof.

I'm not one to defend his lack of production but he wasn't on the field for nearly as much time as those guys.  He was on the field for 10 throws, and even then, I don't know if all of those were 3 WR spreads.  On the TD to Jeffrey, him and Wentz sucked the defense into a bubble screen which led to a wide open slant.  I trust that Doug and company have seen enough of him in practice to believe he's solidified that slot spot as a starter.  We'll see how that carries over to live play.

Archived