Eagles v. Dolphins Preseason Week 3 GDT

Phire

Finally got my account! Forgot my new PW lol

Love what I've seen from Darby.  Preseason or not, he looks like a top 10 and great playmaking CB. Plus he's already proven how good he is his first two years. I really think people (not here specifically) are underrating how big an addition  he is to this defense. It allows Mills to cover #2s, which I think he will do well this year, and for Robinson to play in the slot. How old is Darby anyway?? 23?? And to think we have Sidney Jones coming back at some point, plus McLeod at safety who is like 25 or 26. Such a young defense, yet it will be dominant this season.

This D is full of young studs like McLeod, Hicks, Darby, Jones (I know he hasn't seen the field but he's going to be great),  Barnett,Cox, and Jernigan..even Bradham IMO.I .AND All of those  guys are 25-26 or younger!

Then you have B Graham and Malcolm Jenkins,  both of whom are considered "old" compared to the rest of this unit at like 28 years old lol. 

On another note(s)...

I love Mack Hollins.  He is gonna be a mismatch as our 3rd WR.  And the dude has big play ability at 6'4. 

Wentz keeps looking better. This OL  just needs to protect him and he is going to have a huge season. Ertz is gonna have top 5 TE numbers. He and Alshon give us a bona fide stud at WR  and TE , and we have nice complimentary players like Burton, Torrey, Hollins, etc. 

Trying to contain my excitement. But damn it. This team is our best we've had in almost 10 years. 

Crazy game. Quite the opposite performance from Darby after last week, but it's not like his coverage was horrible just bad size matchup on the first one and bad timing/technique on the other. His tackling is also trash but I guess that's not surprising given his size. 

Wentz looked solid, good rebound after the pick. His windup and having passes batted still looks like it might be a problem.

Kendricks... still ballin. Not sure if you even trade him if you can get a 4th, they aren't deep at LB, and with Hicks, health you never know.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wasn't able to watch the game, I just saw he had literally no catches. Can we cut him yet?

Only a matter of time. Mack Hollins, Marcus Johnson, and Treggs needs to keep outperforming him, which shouldn't be hard. We were probably hoping he would prove he's worth at least a 7th round pick in a trade, but no dice. If Doug keeps him at starting slot WR, then Doug is definitely a doof.

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Crazy game. Quite the opposite performance from Darby after last week, but it's not like his coverage was horrible just bad size matchup on the first one and bad timing/technique on the other. His tackling is also trash but I guess that's not surprising given his size. 

If you read any columnist-writer-bills social media guys they all overwhelming said this. Seemed why they were more then cool with Darby being traded. 

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I wish I could say I'm sold on Wentz as the future of our franchise, but I'm not there yet.

Give it some time. The Contrarian in you will eventually fade. Not sure what there is not to like in Wentz other then his Gunslinger (I can always make a play) mentality which can get QB in trouble at times. He checks off most boxes for a FQB. Sure as hell the closest thing we've had in almost a decade. If anything I'm pleasantly surprised thus far with Wentz.

2 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Not a fan that doug pulled the plug on the starters so quickly. Guys will play less than probably 3 quarters this whole preseason. Probably get wrecked week 1 for not being prepared. 

Rather have them slightly rustier than a key starter get hurt in a useless game .

Archived