Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

On 2/9/2019 at 6:10 AM, UtahUtesFan said:

I'm not a BYU fan, but Kalani Sitake should absolutely be on the hotseat at BYU if they have a bad season. 

I could see Niamatalolo ending up there if that's the case.  The rumors were serious a few years ago, but he stayed at Navy with a pay raise.  Now, there's some rumblings that some things have happened with the AD, which could result in his termination, and they also aren't making the money they thought they had.  So that could be a chance to get a mutual parting of the ways to save money.  

That being said, even with Navy's struggles and Army's success this year, it appears Navy is winning most of the recruiting battles between the two.  It will be an important year in Annapolis this year for sure.  

23 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Oregon parting ways with DC Jim Leavitt, promoting co-DC Keith Heyward to the top spot on his own.  Odd timing for sure. 

The Bengals have narrowed their DC search to Florida's Todd Grantham, and it appears it's down to working out the contract numbers.  

Leavitt has a $2.5 million buyout from Oregon.  Even the coordinators have fantastic agents.  Meanwhile, the players, who are enjoying the transfer portal and (apparently) more lax transfer waiver guidelines, now have the NCAA looking to tighten those restrictions.  

Wonder where Jim Leavitt winds up. I'm not pleased with this. 

We had 2 coaches who had built up teams from scratch. One was wildly successful, the other...not so much. 

We let the successful one walk, despite his forte being defense, where we need as much help as possible. I still say he should have been given the HC spot even though I like Cristobal. 

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Wonder where Jim Leavitt winds up. I'm not pleased with this. 

We had 2 coaches who had built up teams from scratch. One was wildly successful, the other...not so much. 

We let the successful one walk, despite his forte being defense, where we need as much help as possible. I still say he should have been given the HC spot even though I like Cristobal. 

Probably too late in the game for him to be hired at a high level somewhere else- also it would cut into his buyout- but I imagine he could get an analyst or advisor position if he wanted.  I bet he sits out this year, collects the money and signs on with someone at the end of the 2019 season. 

Archived