Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

11 hours ago, drd23 said:

While it's definitely an achievement, they've have their fair share of referee "luck" go their way to maintain the streak

The Juventus of Spain. At least Real Madrid also get their fair share of calls so at least it's not just one team haha.

6 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Same old Fulham. Lose two matches in a row when they actually matter. We lost 1-0 Derby in a pretty poor performance. Certainly a scoreline we can overturn but I dont expect us to.

Bad time for your good run to come ta a end.

From my perspective though it's the perfect time.

Should we get past Middlesbrough that is.

2 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Bad time for your good run to come ta a end.

From my perspective though it's the perfect time.

Should we get past Middlesbrough that is.

I think it's you guys for sure. Our performances had dropped long before the results started turning. Just such a completely expected but still disappointing result. There is just something about this squad that feels like it cant handle the big moments. It's only a 1-0 deficit though, let's see what we've got on Monday. 

Just now, LeeEvans said:

I think it's you guys for sure. Our performances had dropped long before the results started turning. Just such a completely expected but still disappointing result. There is just something about this squad that feels like it cant handle the big moments. It's only a 1-0 deficit though, let's see what we've got on Monday. 

Yeah 1-0 is not to bad.

Good luck in the second leg.

On 5/11/2018 at 10:55 PM, DTMW78 said:

Yeah 1-0 is not to bad.

Good luck in the second leg.

Thanks man, you too. Congrats on the good first leg. I think you've got the playoff spot in the bag personally. 

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

Ornstein had been touting it as a done deal all the way back to late April, but sounds like PSG may be prepared to announce Tuchel as their next manager on Wednesday.

Seems like a really weird hiring to me personally. 

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Seems like a really weird hiring to me personally. 

You're not alone that line of thinking.  That said, I won't be surprised to see Tuchel's system work in Ligue 1 - but that may be more down to PSG's talent on the roster, not sure it translates the way they want it to into CL.

6 hours ago, The LBC said:

You're not alone that line of thinking.  That said, I won't be surprised to see Tuchel's system work in Ligue 1 - but that may be more down to PSG's talent on the roster, not sure it translates the way they want it to into CL.

Doesn't really matter. PSG is head and shoulders above the rest of L1 on talent alone (that's what happens when you have 5 times the budget of your competitors). Tuchel success or failure will be defined in the CL. Save for an exceptional year of Monaco/Lyon/Marseille their national title isn't in trouble.

On 5/10/2018 at 10:13 AM, roysmyboy31 said:

Did not see a thread for La Liga, but I thought it beared mentioning that Barca is only 2 games away from an unbeaten season in the league, which would certainly be a strong achievement.

The streak didn't last one more game! xD  Levante won 5-4 in the second last game of the season, after not having beat Barca since 1964

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

The streak didn't last one more game! xD  Levante won 5-4 in the second last game of the season, after not having beat Barca since 1964

That is incredible. Surprised Barca managed to claw their way back, they were 5-2 down when I got the last update. 

Fulham managed to turn it around and win 2-0  and advance to Wembley and the playoff final. Finally had the performance I had been waiting for. Came out and attacked from the opening whistle and just really had an energy around the side that had been desperately lacking.

It was one of those games where you could just tell that if we could get the first goal then the next wouldn't be far behind. Thought we were pretty dominant tonight although Derby had a handful of chances. I'd say we were probably the better side over the two legs. Rowett's set up tonight was very questionable. He set his team up very defensive and dropped the league's leading scorer and played for clean sheet and didn't get it. 

Excited to see who we get in the final, going to be a very unenjoyable 90 minutes, this tie was already nerve wracking enough. 

15 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Fulham managed to turn it around and win 2-0  and advance to Wembley and the playoff final. Finally had the performance I had been waiting for. Came out and attacked from the opening whistle and just really had an energy around the side that had been desperately lacking.

It was one of those games where you could just tell that if we could get the first goal then the next wouldn't be far behind. Thought we were pretty dominant tonight although Derby had a handful of chances. I'd say we were probably the better side over the two legs. Rowett's set up tonight was very questionable. He set his team up very defensive and dropped the league's leading scorer and played for clean sheet and didn't get it. 

Excited to see who we get in the final, going to be a very unenjoyable 90 minutes, this tie was already nerve wracking enough. 

Hopefully we don't follow suit in terms of set up.

Gotta go for the goal early doors to put em away.

7 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Hopefully we don't follow suit in terms of set up.

Gotta go for the goal early doors to put em away.

Congrats man! Seems like the two sides who advanced deserved it both over the season and over the two legs. Should be a great final for the neutral but I'll be a nervous wreck. We beat you guys not too long at the Cottage but this is a whole different ball game. You've definitely got experience on your side, if we can play the way we did in the second leg I think we can take it. Whether or not that happens is a completely different thing though, I'd say it's 50/50. 

Archived