Other Leagues Thread- Ligue 1, Championship, Portugal, etc

LeeEvans

12 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Ryan Sessengon just scored to put Fulham 2-0 up against Derby and I just heard a pretty stunning stat. Sessengon has 17 shots on target and has scored 14 goals, that's incredible. 

Lots of rumours of Sessegnon to Spurs. He is going to be crazy expensive, though. Do you think he's ready to make that step up?

9 hours ago, kempus said:

Lots of rumours of Sessegnon to Spurs. He is going to be crazy expensive, though. Do you think he's ready to make that step up?

I'd say he'd fit in well into what Spurs do. He's got great energy and I could see him doing well in a side that presses like Spurs. He's been simply superb this season and there has been a huge improvement between this year and last. He's really benefited from playing week in and week out and having a solid defender behind so he can get forward at will. I'm a little intrigued to see how he'll do at the next level. He gets in great positions and likes to get in the box and the stat I mentioned earlier shows he is quite good at converting his chances. The part that worries me is that I worry if his dribbling and pace will be as successful at the higher level. He doesn't seem to really do anything special in that regard but still manages to beat defenders with consistency. His worst quality is probably his crossing, generally speaking, it is pretty poor. He prefers short passing and I wouldn't say he's overly creative in possession but he's not really asked to do that.

I think Spurs would be the perfect place for him  because Poch knows how to bring along youngsters and plays players to their strengths. I'd worry a bit if he went to somewhere like Man United or Arsenal because I think he needs a manager who can continue to groom him and I don't know if he can get by on his physical talents alone in the Premier League. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 6:46 AM, DTMW78 said:

Villa did what they do best.

Not show up when it matters.

I mean it was away at Fullham when Villa were missing their two best attackers, that should be a loss. The Preston draw was more annoying but again expected. The games being postponed probably helps Villa cause Jack will be back for the QPR game.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I'd say he'd fit in well into what Spurs do. He's got great energy and I could see him doing well in a side that presses like Spurs. He's been simply superb this season and there has been a huge improvement between this year and last. He's really benefited from playing week in and week out and having a solid defender behind so he can get forward at will. I'm a little intrigued to see how he'll do at the next level. He gets in great positions and likes to get in the box and the stat I mentioned earlier shows he is quite good at converting his chances. The part that worries me is that I worry if his dribbling and pace will be as successful at the higher level. He doesn't seem to really do anything special in that regard but still manages to beat defenders with consistency. His worst quality is probably his crossing, generally speaking, it is pretty poor. He prefers short passing and I wouldn't say he's overly creative in possession but he's not really asked to do that.

I think Spurs would be the perfect place for him  because Poch knows how to bring along youngsters and plays players to their strengths. I'd worry a bit if he went to somewhere like Man United or Arsenal because I think he needs a manager who can continue to groom him and I don't know if he can get by on his physical talents alone in the Premier League. 

I think whatever team picks him up should just immediately loan him back to Fullham. I think your stat about his shots to conversion ratio actually hurts him because there is no way that is sustainable. I do like him a lot but he is a lot more raw than people make him out to be.

• Like 1

The statistics won't bear it out but Atleti were the better team for much of the game, but just couldn't create enough chances, and it was the individual brilliance of Messi and Iniesta (for the brief time he was on the pitch) that was the difference.

That's La Liga well and truly sewn up now

4 hours ago, teamorange said:

I mean it was away at Fullham when Villa were missing their two best attackers, that should be a loss. The Preston draw was more annoying but again expected. The games being postponed probably helps Villa cause Jack will be back for the QPR game.

Villa fan? 

18 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Good insight, cheers. I know he's had a lot of hype for a while now. Never actually seen him play, though.

20 hours ago, teamorange said:

I think whatever team picks him up should just immediately loan him back to Fullham. I think your stat about his shots to conversion ratio actually hurts him because there is no way that is sustainable. I do like him a lot but he is a lot more raw than people make him out to be.

I agree with this and it's one of the reasons I think he needs to go someplace with a good manager who nurtures young talent. He's been fantastic this season but he is still far from a finished product and I don't see him being able to just jump up to the Premier League with ease. In the end I think whoever signs him will overpay for him but I think the potential is clearly there and the right club and manager can get it out of him. 

Credit to Ryan, he's been very vocal about staying at Fulham and getting experience and only moving at the right time and to the right club. He seems to be thinking very wisely about his next step.

13 hours ago, teamorange said:

Yup. Use to post here more often. Will probably post for a week making fun of Arsenal (mostly) and then go on a hiatus for about 2 months. 

Long suffering eh? 

Hope this is the last season of championship football, I fear we'll be stuck here for a while if we don't go up this year.

6 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Long suffering eh? 

Hope this is the last season of championship football, I fear we'll be stuck here for a while if we don't go up this year.

I don't know. I think Dr. X will continue to invest into the club even without the PL money but I think Villa has a real good chance at going up. I really hope Villa doesn't play Fulham because I think they are the strongest squad outside of Wolves and Villa (well they're on the same level as Villa). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DTMW78 said:

Long suffering eh? 

Maybe it's just because we're on a crazy good run of form right now but I think part of me would miss the Championship. It's nice to actually watch my club play brilliant football and not have to stick ten people behind the ball to try and get a point against a club that has players that cost 50 times more than my side.