Week 11: Houston Texans GDT

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes.

I'll take the 5% chance over the chance of Hopkins hitting that kick hurt.

Nah. I love you my friend, but I don’t think there’s a 5% chance of that. Converting a 4th and 10 and getting out of bounds with 8 seconds left and the defense guarding the boundary is plausible if you’ve got Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams or even Cousins and Garçon or something. But Colt McCoy to Josh Doctson or Michael F. Floyd?

If you had a timeout (and the middle field available), sure. But you saw the throw on 2nd and 10 to Floyd. Colt  has more guts than just about anybody — but he just doesn’t have the arm to throw a deep out to the sideline against a team (that knows it’s coming) to a receiver who barely belongs on a roster.

The key though is that even if you do accomplish all that, you’re still looking at a 50+ yard FG. And if we’re saying Hopkins has a 0% chance of making from 60+ because he’s injured, how likely is it that he really drills one from 52ish?

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Nah. I love you my friend, but I don’t think there’s a 5% chance of that. Converting a 4th and 10 and getting out of bounds with 8 seconds left and the defense guarding the boundary is plausible if you’ve got Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams or even Cousins and Garçon or something. But Colt McCoy to Josh Doctson or Michael F. Floyd?

If you had a timeout (and the middle field available), sure. But you saw the throw on 2nd and 10 to Floyd. Colt  has more guts than just about anybody — but he just doesn’t have the arm to throw a deep out to the sideline against a team (that knows it’s coming) to a receiver who barely belongs on a roster.

The key though is that even if you do accomplish all that, you’re still looking at a 50+ yard FG. And if we’re saying Hopkins has a 0% chance of making from 60+ because he’s injured, how likely is it that he really drills one from 52ish?

I tend to agree with you here. But I see his point. We know he's not making a 63 yarder even when healthy. But an injured kicker can still probably hit a 50 yarder. 

Still, I don't think we get the 4th down unless we have the bolded.

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Thats pass interference!!! 25 has Doctson locked up! Now the Saftey is going for the ball, but the CB is pushing Doctson down.

Definitely PI and he should’ve gotten one called on Wright earlier in the game, if not two.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I take back my previous statement, I just saw Alex’a leg break from a different angle and it did flop all over the place. The break was just lower as others have said.

Yeah, I didn't see it. But from what you guys said and the fact that they said both of the lower leg bones were broken, it pretty much had to flop around. Its literally physics at that point. Nothing structural to hold up the muscles, tendons, etc... Your leg becomes like a wet noodle.

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Based on the kick from 64? Looked pretty solid. Just WAY short.

If it was a 5% chance, it's better than the 0% that the kick there was gonna have. 

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I didn't see it. But from what you guys said and the fact that they said both of the lower leg bones were broken, it pretty much had to flop around. Its literally physics at that point. Nothing structural to hold up the muscles, tendons, etc... Your leg becomes like a wet noodle.

Do you want to see it? I can post the gif

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Bradford was awful in AZ, way worse than Bradford. I still don’t blame them for going and getting Smith.

What I meant was to just roll with Colt and find a journeyman to back him up. Draft a QB this year or get one next year. I know we've been over this, but its not a no brainer to trade what we did for a 34yr old QB and then give him an extra $71M on top of it.

Archived