Week 11 - Houston @ Washington

ET80

This is the 2nd time this year we have lost 2 linemen in a game with only 7 active (only 7 on the roster actually).  Having all the special teamers is nice, but Gaine needs to adjust this roster with Kelemete seemingly going down every week and Fulton dinged up to avoid an inexcusable gameday situation.  I don't think I've ever seen a game when a non o-lineman had to play on the line, but I can't imagine how ugly that could be.   Slade needs to be up here as a gameday contingency.  Buddy Howell is a nice ST'er, but can't be living this dangerously with two injury prone guards.  Vyncynt Smith seems to be unnecessary with Coates and Carter backing up Nuk, D. Thomas, and Keke with Webb, Akins, and Thomas available as WRs if necessary.  Might get claimed on his way to PS, but not like that's going to impact us in the short or long-term. 

How did we not recover that fumble?   Looked like Mercilus had it with more reenforcements - must have lost the battle in the pile.

Dang it - Mercilus has failed to contain on about 3 conversions today and seems to get overpowered a lot.  Dude is the one guy who has failed to play up to expectations this year.  I know he's not going to rack up the sexy stats as the blue collar dude in our scheme, but he can't get destroyed at the edge by 30 year old Alex Smith and AP.  I'm starting to wonder if the pec injury has caused a shift in his workout regimen (it's one of those hallmark injuries that can lead to more testing scrutiny).  As I type that he made a great play.

There's his all rookie team moment.  For all of my draft frustrations over the years where the player I wanted was taken a pick or two before us, having Reid still on the board in the 3rd and us actually not overthinking it and taking him was such a franchise altering moment.  Coutee, Akins, Thomas, Rankin and Reid all making their presence felt today.  What a draft class!

Side note - Bademosi is making a strong argument to go to the pro bowl as the special teamer. 

Archived