Turkey day Chicago@Detroit

Lionized

10 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Really hope they hire someone like John Morton to run this offense. Matthew Stafford's arm, Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones running those vertical routes Morton loves, throw in a rookie TE like Dawson Knox or Jace Sternberger who excel at running the seam, with Theo Riddick and Kerryon Johnson stealing easy yards underneath? This team could turn around in an instant

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Most people recognize they need more than just a coordinator and they've been setting up JBC as the scapegoat basically... since week 4 or 5. 

Was it the offense/coordinators fault they went for 2 for no reason... lol.

Serious though, IDOG, I think there problems run way deeper than just a coordinator. I really think this HC is over his head. 

10 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Really hope they hire someone like John Morton to run this offense. Matthew Stafford's arm, Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones running those vertical routes Morton loves, throw in a rookie TE like Dawson Knox or Jace Sternberger who excel at running the seam, with Theo Riddick and Kerryon Johnson stealing easy yards underneath? This team could turn around in an instant. 

I don’t care who they hire or draft anymore. I just hope someday, something works.

@SimbaWho relax, I understand it would take more than a change at OC to turn things around. I even mentioned that they need to add more players in my post. They need additions at all skill positions and at RG, and that's just on offense. But, installing a legitimate offense would make things significantly better here. Jim Bob is trying to run an offense that would've been decent for the early 2000's. His offense is old and outdated. A smart OC probably would've told Patricia not to go for two in that situation, but would also tell him to go for two in many other situations because it is the smart thing to do very often. 

Also, Jim Bob has been setting himself up as the scapegoat for two years by being bad at his job. When he gets fired it will be no ones fault but his own. 

4 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

@SimbaWho relax, I understand it would take more than a change at OC to turn things around. I even mentioned that they need to add more players in my post. They need additions at all skill positions and at RG, and that's just on offense. But, installing a legitimate offense would make things significantly better here. Jim Bob is trying to run an offense that would've been decent for the early 2000's. His offense is old and outdated. A smart OC probably would've told Patricia not to go for two in that situation, but would also tell him to go for two in many other situations because it is the smart thing to do very often. 

Also, Jim Bob has been setting himself up as the scapegoat for two years by being bad at his job. When he gets fired it will be no ones fault but his own. 

Amazing to think how many shortcomings there are on the Lions after all these years of high draft picks.

5 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

Just stirring the pot old friend. 

As far as you're last sentence... Why didn't they just fire him when they got rid of Caldwell too then? What did the organization owe him as a Caldwell hire?

Whats more upsetting to me as a fan is that they were/are rebuilding this year, and last offseason and they fired a good coach because they said they are better than 9-7. That's the most disappointing thing of all really. They pumped up the firing for playoff hopes and then screeched the brakes on all fans basically when free agency started. They set the picture up like they're trying to improve and fans bought it up, includding me, but when the New England coaches came out as rumors then the type of signings they kept making, I could tell with the offseason moves, etc, signings, that they had no real intent on winning anything this year and seem to be weeding through who they like/dislike on the roster and freeing cap. 

It's not a problem to rebuild on the fly with Stafford, but it's a huge problem when you lie to the fans or over-estimate the roster/scouting so much that they are basically forced to have to rebuild because you spent money wrong or didn't want to spend it on the right people. 

Lions organizational move is to pump you up in the off-season and feed hope during the season... and anything else including playoffs is gravy. I'm serious too, as a Detroit Lions fan, half of your attention or more is spent on the draft/offseason alone vs watcing the Lions I'm guessing. I'm not buying anything they're trying to sell us right now. Results, results, results speak less but prove more than guys that are paid to cover and promote sports for a living, especially locally. 

For crying out loud if Bob Quinn went out and just got Caldwell a legitimate runner on this team we'd of been a legit playoff team... Think about that. Prolly 10 RBs or more that were available, who are better than Ameer Abdullah in 2017 prolly gets the Lions into the playoffs. Thats not even mentioning trades, or exploring one. 

16 hours ago, IDOG_det said:
24 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Just stirring the pot old friend. 

As far as you're last sentence... Why didn't they just fire him when they got rid of Caldwell too then? What did the organization owe him as a Caldwell hire?

I don't have any evidence...

But just the way this offence looks it looks like they try to mimick NE..

It almost feels like they don't want to score quick.. 

Cuz I gotta think jbc is more creative than this plus I've seen it...

Soon as they figure out we can't do what the pats do we maybe better...

Imo it all feels like a bad fit

Anyone they bring in will have the same issues is what I'm now betting on now

Archived