Moretti's Thanks Giving Mock

moretti19

If Gute can pick out another JA-type playmaker in the secondary for the first pick sign me up.  We passed on Derwin so someone like that feels just fine for RD1-1

If Pettine is gonna be here for a bit I'm less concerned about edge vs d-line.  They'll be lots of front seven options and an impact player at 27 or 30 or whatever the Saints pick becomes.

Would much rather take an OT, or any stud o-lineman in RD2.  But the best case scenario for Fant is obviously intriguing.

FA edge is obvious and if Collins sees depreciated safety money I'm ok with it.  Curious to see how Jones finishes, that would change the safety urgency level.

DeFilippo is a pass for me but I don't have a better answer yet.

5 hours ago, Gopher Trace said:

Good stuff.

I'd be content with getting Flip as our replacement HC. I like other guys better, but I think he'd be an improvement over that beaver-looking buffoon currently toting the headset.

I don't believe the G-Men would let Collins walk, but sure would not complain if we were to get him. He may be what Josh Jones could become, but I'm not real optimistic about Jones becoming more than a JAG in the foreseeable future. Golden at EDGE is a nice get, though. I'll have to steal that idea.

Deionte Thompson is one of the guys I want most in the whole draft. I'd be over-the-moon if we land him. I also like the idea of getting a stud DL to pair with Clark. It's a shame Wilk got that nasty injury, and Daniels has become a non-factor. I still want that stacked, scary DL gor'ammit!

Bryce Love that late feels like a pipedream. I do like the idea of adding another weapon out of the backfield into our offense.

I appreciate the feedback. With Bryce Love I feel like his injuries and size will push him back. I do agree that Landon Collins will probably get tagged, initially it was Jimmy Ward but he just said he wanted to be a niner.

31 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Lol I thought he had 2 years left. I thought about bringing in a free agent vet, but my crush on Kumerow couldn’t allow that.

haha nah he's a free agent next year bud. Good job on the mock btw! Nice to see a mock that isn't based off fanspeak.

Kumerow is also a FA this offseason.  Though he is ERFA, and we will have him back if we want him.

The FAs brought in are also my wish list.  Am I correct to assume that we are letting all of the rest of our FAs walk then?  There are a lot of FAs that are contributors, and likely are pretty inexpensive to bring back (Brice, Gilbert, Tonyan, Lancaster, Allison).

This is the standard for what a mock draft should look like.  Nice and neat.  I like.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kumerow is also a FA this offseason.  Though he is ERFA, and we will have him back if we want him.

The FAs brought in are also my wish list.  Am I correct to assume that we are letting all of the rest of our FAs walk then?  There are a lot of FAs that are contributors, and likely are pretty inexpensive to bring back (Brice, Gilbert, Tonyan, Lancaster, Allison).

This is the standard for what a mock draft should look like.  Nice and neat.  I like.

Thank you, I just did the major ones assuming those guys would be back. Next one I’ll get more detail.

Archived