Ideas for 2019

beardown3231

Going through the other teams’ forums I found a few things I like, and two come to mind immediately:

1. An “around the NFL” thread. Wouldn’t that be nice right now to discuss Kareem Hunt?

2. A thread about each of the other 3 division teams. The MIN board does it well. I feel like we blend it all in the NFCN thread and it sometimes gets off topic. I also think we use this thread as an “around the NFL” thread which also gets confusing.

Any thoughts? (sorry, I had no idea where else to put this)

42 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Too soon, man

(I’m not against this as long as he serves a brutal punishment and he proves that he’s changed)

Have you watched the video? Sure, he demonstrated poor decision making and was in the wrong, but this was nothing like Ray Rice. Not even close.

As for #1, we used to have a “random Bears thoughts” thread that was great for discussing minor bears news (minor injuries, practice squad signings, etc.) that may not warrant their own separate thread.

However, webby isn’t a huge fan of the “all-encompassing” threads, because he feels it reduces activity.  For example, Kareem hunt.  That is a hot topic and could be very relevant to the Bears given their head coach.  IMO that’s worthy of its own thread and you’d likely find a lot of people coming here to discuss that.  Now, if that discussion was taking place under a thread titled “Random Bears Thoughts,” your casual forum scanner may not think to look in there.  But if there was a thread along the lines of “should the bears sign Kareem hunt?” Then that would likely draw more interest and activity on the forum.

As for #2, if you want to go ahead and start three threads for the NFCN teams by all means go ahead and do it.  My fear is that you may not have enough content for each team to keep all three up and running at all times.  Eventually they will lose interest, fall to the dreaded page 2 of the board, and never be heard from again.  At least with the NCFN thread there’s almost always something going on with one of the three teams to keep that near the top of the forum, which i get is kind of contradictory to my last point about activity and “all encompassing” threads.

Archived