FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

Just now, beekay414 said:

Bout time more players from the best team in the National League come off the board!

Was wondering if something was up with Aguilar? xD Good power, great lineup, he walks which makes his K's less worrisome for low BA. Plus 1B being an trash can, didn't see why he was still there. Had a couple other targets, but thought I'd grab him over Abreu. It was between him and Abreu, went with Aguilar because he walks more (but Abreu better hitter), 3 years younger, better lineup, and probably more power at this stage.

Just now, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Was wondering if something was up with Aguilar? xD Good power, great lineup, he walks which makes his K's less worrisome for low BA. Plus 1B being an trash can, didn't see why he was still there. Had a couple other targets, but thought I'd grab him over Abreu. It was between him and Abreu, went with Aguilar because he walks more (but Abreu better hitter), 3 years younger, better lineup, and probably more power at this stage.

I would've considered him, definitely, but I'm not worried about my 1B spot all that much. He's really streaky though which is another reason why I didn't really feel the need to go get him. He'll win you a week by himself and then lose you the next lol. He's good value here though, no question.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I would've considered him, definitely, but I'm not worried about my 1B spot all that much. He's really streaky though which is another reason why I didn't really feel the need to go get him. He'll win you a week by himself and then lose you the next lol. He's good value here though, no question.

Lose you a week? how?

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

By simply not hitting/getting on base. He's prone to stretches where he's useless at the plate.

Can't search by weekly, but monthly his worst month of OBP was .321 and .324 which isn't good but is better (or as good) than what Baez, Albies, Mondesi gave all year and they went MUCH higher.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

1 minute ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Can't search by weekly, but monthly his worst month of OBP was .321 and .324 which isn't good but is better (or as good) than what Baez, Albies, Mondesi gave all year and they went MUCH higher.

I already said the value was great. Not sure why you're taking what I said as a negative. I'm a Brewers fan. I watch them every single game. He's prone to looking absolutely clueless for multiple series at a time. I'm talking striking out on 3 pitches clueless. When he's in a slump, he presses. I obviously like the guy because I traded for him last year. I'm not knocking the pick whatsoever.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I already said the value was great. Not sure why you're taking what I said as a negative. I'm a Brewers fan. I watch them every single game. He's prone to looking absolutely clueless for multiple series at a time. I'm talking striking out on 3 pitches clueless. When he's in a slump, he presses. I obviously like the guy because I traded for him last year. I'm not knocking the pick whatsoever.

Oh I know, I'm just saying is we are going to have 176 active hitters, a guy with a OBP of .321 in his worst month isn't going to lose you a week. What would lose you a week is Albies or others not walking and  having a OBP of under .300 for multiple months, even if they will steal 1 more base during the week. I know you said it was a good value and I know it was or I wouldn't have picked it, I'm arguing with you thinking he will lose you a matchup. xD

4 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Oh I know, I'm just saying is we are going to have 176 active hitters, a guy with a OBP of .321 in his worst month isn't going to lose you a week. What would lose you a week is Albies or others not walking and  having a OBP of under .300 for multiple months, even if they will steal 1 more base during the week. I know you said it was a good value and I know it was or I wouldn't have picked it, I'm arguing with you thinking he will lose you a matchup. xD

It was a general statement, not a literal one. Don't take everything so literally lmao. It's just another way of saying he's going to suck massively for a week or two and WILL hinder your offense because of it. 

Is what it is.