FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

13 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Lamb is an injury plagued season removed from having  back to back 30-100-90 and a .340 obp seasons and is still only 28. 

Ill take it

He was in my queue.  Solid value this late.  Its crazy to think how slim the available player pool is now and how much further we still have to go.  I don't think we need to worry about waivers much, there won't be anyone available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crab1106 said:

BD is against it but going in I was thinking daily FAAB. If we're going back to daily Id rather at least get FAAB in so it's not 100% the quickest owner to the trigger.

Daily FAAB is fine. Just make it where it's next day adds and, even though it wasn't necessarily intended, limit pickups per matchup to like 3 or 4 or something. Still puts it through the FAAB system, limits streaming and keeps people from getting screwed by not having something submitted on a Wednesday or Sunday.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Daily FAAB is fine. Just make it where it's next day adds and, even though it wasn't necessarily intended, limit pickups per matchup to like 3 or 4 or something. Still puts it through the FAAB system, limits streaming and keeps people from getting screwed by not having something submitted on a Wednesday or Sunday.

I'm good with this idea.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Lamb is an injury plagued season removed from having  back to back 30-100-90 and a .340 obp seasons and is still only 28. 

Ill take it

I considered him with the Stewart pick but I figured I'd rather gamble on the younger guy. Probably could've gotten Stewart later but I was tired of my guys getting sniped lol.

29 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

With FAAB we won't need to limit it. I think we have the base of it which is Daily FAAB, with FAAB waivers for newly dropped players (MLB and MILB). Still in discussions with @crab1106 about a new MLB callups if we should put anyone of those on FA into a 1 day hold (FAAB waivers) so everyone gets a shot at a new callup thats on FA. Like last year guys like Franmill Reyes, Josh James, etc last year.

Reason weekly was the main point is there isn't going to be much in the FA pool so even if injuries hit you, it's gonna hurt because isn't going to be much on FA to pickup, so this is mainly for MILB breakouts (mentioned above) that aren't already on MILB rosters, so once a hot performing AAA guy (who isn't a top prospect) gets called up there will be a bidding war, reason I wanted weekly so everyone gets a equal shot, no matter if they check FF and twitter every day, or might be at work 10 hours @beekay414, and might not see someone. This allows everyone to put in their bids on said players. I thought Daily still limited this too much, but was over-ruled there so daily it is. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

3 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

With FAAB we won't need to limit it. I think we have the base of it which is Daily FAAB, with FAAB waivers for newly dropped players (MLB and MILB). Still in discussions with @crab1106 about a new MLB callups if we should put anyone of those on FA into a 1 day hold (FAAB waivers) so everyone gets a shot at a new callup thats on FA. Like last year guys like Franmill Reyes, Josh James, etc last year.

Reason weekly was the main point is there isn't going to be much in the FA pool, so this is mainly for MILB breakouts (mentioned above) that aren't already on MILB rosters, so once a hot performing AAA guy (who isn't a top prospect) gets called up there will be a bidding war, reason I wanted weekly so everyone gets a equal shot, no matter if they check FF and twitter every day, or might be at work 10 hours @beekay414, and might not see someone. This allows everyone to put in their bids on said players. I thought Daily still limited this too much, but was over-ruled there so daily it is. 

I just think weekly limits the use of the unlimited DL slots too much. Especially with guys being eligible for them without actually going on the real DL. Is what it is.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I just think weekly limits the use of the unlimited DL slots too much. Especially with guys being eligible for them without actually going on the real DL. Is what it is.

I agreed with that point. However, unlimited DL is still useful so you can then put players on it but still able to pickup guys without having to drop someone else to get help from those injuries. 

like if you had 2 injuries and Yelich was popped for PED's then you could put all 3 on IR, while not losing any bench guys when picking up 3 replacements in the weekly FAAB.

Also thought it worked since we are weekly H2H, so we'd kinda set our rosters each week, but can still make daily "start/sits". Then if injuries or inaffective play happens then you could make some moves with FAAB on Sunday night to get ready on Monday for the next weekly matchup. 

1 minute ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I agreed with that point. However, unlimited DL is still useful so you can then put players on it but still able to pickup guys without having to drop someone else to get help from those injuries. 

like if you had 2 injuries and Yelich was popped for PED's then you could put all 3 on IR, while not losing any bench guys when picking up 3 replacements in the weekly FAAB.

Also thought it worked since we are weekly H2H, so we'd kinda set our rosters each week, but can still make daily "start/sits". Then if injuries or inaffective play happens then you could make some moves with FAAB on Sunday night to get ready on Monday for the next weekly matchup. 

Doesn't really help if the guy is only out for a series though.

It is what it is. I just don't see it as a "weekly" set up like fantasy football. Too many roster spots, too much inflexibility if you have to wait a week to figure out a roster spot. Especially if you do a multiple players for one player trade in the middle of the week. You're out a few roster spots until the next matchup as a result. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't really help if the guy is only out for a series though.

It is what it is. I just don't see it as a "weekly" set up like fantasy football. Too many roster spots, too much inflexibility if you have to wait a week to figure out a roster spot. Especially if you do a multiple players for one player trade in the middle of the week. You're out a few roster spots until the next matchup as a result. 

There are a few major weekly moves baseball leagues out there but I agree with you. Don't think that works for this league. 

So I think we  came to an agreement on Daily FAAB with 1 day hold on newly dropped players (MLB and MILB players).

@crab1106 more I think about call-ups waivers I don't like it. No way for us to do it since those players are in the pool and Daily FAAB we should reward the owner that noticed a guy like Josh James is breaking out in minors rather than let the rest of the league get a bid.

11 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

There are a few major weekly moves baseball leagues out there but I agree with you. Don't think that works for this league. 

So I think we  came to an agreement on Daily FAAB with 1 day hold on newly dropped players (MLB and MILB players).

@crab1106 more I think about call-ups waivers I don't like it. No way for us to do it since those players are in the pool and Daily FAAB we should reward the owner that noticed a guy like Josh James is breaking out in minors rather than let the rest of the league get a bid.

Quick question, the draft says we have 15 reserve spots and 10 minor spots available.  Do we really have 15 bench spots or are 10 of those for the minor league players?