16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I mean, New England was a well tuned machine long before McDaniels arrived. Not that I think McDaniels is a bad OC, but I feel like this doesn't get mentioned when people talk about his work. 

Do you look at New England's talent on offense the past couple years and think to yourself they should be a "top offensive team" in the league? . I don't and they still have been a top offensive team despite that their WRs really aren't good and Gronk looks done

I think the Job McDaniels has done there with that talent is pretty exceptional. That's not the question with him, it's his leadership abilities. I'm willing to roll the dice on it for the high reward even if the risk is greater than some other candidates.

McDaniels and Gase are my #1 and #2.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Do you look at New England's talent on offense the past couple years and think to yourself they should be a "top offensive team" in the league? . I don't and they still have been a top offensive team despite that their WRs really aren't good and Gronk looks done

I think the Job McDaniels has done there with that talent is pretty exceptional. That's not the question with him, it's his leadership abilities. I'm willing to roll the dice on it for the high reward even if the risk is somewhat high.

McDaniels and Gase are my #1 and #2.

Never once said McDaniels isn't a great OC. My question at this point is how great. Brady runs that offense to some extent, I just don't know what extent.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Never once said McDaniels isn't a great OC. My question at this point is how great. Brady runs that offense to some extent, I just don't know what extent.

Brady's comment about Rodgers in their offense, Bellichek's and Kraft'ss desire to keep McDaniels, and other teams persistent interest in McDaniels speak volumes to what he does for their offense/team.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

McDaniels was the OC in NE starting in 2006, prior to that from 2001 to 2005

2001 PPG 6th

2002 10th

2003 12th

2004 4th

2005 10th

I would say good offense, but far from the well tuned machine it has been with him as OC

2006-11th

2007-1st (added Randy Moss)

2008-8th (no Brady)

2009-6th (no McDaniels)

2010-1st (no McDaniels)

2011-3rd (no McDaniels)

They've been top 5 every year since he rejoined but they weren't exactly lacking without him either.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Can I ask what you think about Gase and his issues with handling some of the premier talent on his offense? Primarily how he seemed to underutilize Drake, Parker, and Landry?

I  guess I'd look at the QB there. Gase sure seemed to optimize offensive talent in Den with Manning.

9 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm a Packer fan. I'm not going to root against them if they make a mistake hiring McDaniels. I'll just hate the move. I'd love it if he succeeded here but I don't in any way see that happening. You may continue to delude yourself though.

If we do hire McDaniels I'm gonna give him the benefit of a doubt.  He is older and hopefully wiser now.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Possible. 

I'm just not sure what to account to McDaniels and what to account to Brady/BB. 

I agree.  Brady has shown a willingness to play and win in a vast number of ways.  Throw it 50+ times 1 week, run it 50+ times the next week.   Rodgers......not so much.  Changing that is not going to be easy, and McDaniels best pitch to Rodgers will be "this is how Tom has been so successful".  Whether Rodgers would but into that is an unknown.

Archived