Just how good IS this New England team?

CKS97

20 hours ago, CKS97 said:

If Houston keeps winning and they potentially trip up at Miami AND Pittsburgh..... 

If they have to play on Wild Card Weekend, they ain't going anywhere.

They are the type of team that can only win in their precious Foxboro. Get them on the road in January..... ask Denver.

Only 3 road playoff wins since 2001- and if you remember, Bledsoe had to come in for one of those. So Brady has only 2 road wins.

Plus, when you're as old as he is, can he be this effective in the cold? See: Favre, 2007 NFC-CG.

Well I agree that the Patriots might be a wild card team if Houston keeps it up, and the Pats mess up in the last few weeks of the season. Although, that isn't a guarantee. Furthermore, I think they can win on the road. The thing is, the Pats are usually a top seed in the AFC anyways, so they rarely have to play on the road. There isn't much of a sample size when they have only played two road playoff games since 2007. Against the 2013 Broncos(an obviously better team than the Pats that year) and the 2015 Broncos(Pats had loads of injuries during that game, and the Broncos pass rush would have messed them up no matter where they played.) 

Also, he is still pretty effective in the cold. Although, if you are using Favre's performance in that 2007 NFC-CG, well that might be because the temperature at that game was  -1F/-18C,  and the wind chill at -23F/-31C. No one will be useful at those temperatures. 

They seem to be a bit less dominating than years past, but they still got Brady and Belichick so they are still the favorites to go to the Super Bowl until someone knocks them out IMO, especially if they have home field throughout then they are a lock to make it out of the AFC. With Brady, I think he plays one last season regardless of what happens this year.

They're simply not as good as the Patriots teams the past few years, not as explosive and a little more reliant on their defensive. I can't see them beating the Chiefs on the road and the Chargers going up to Foxboro intrigues me, but they could  sneak into the Super Bowl, still. Being the 3rd or 4th best team in the conference is nothing to be sad about.

Archived