Packers @ Bears: Sunday, December 16th

G08

11 minutes ago, mild cheddar said:

I do not think he is a scumbag, either. I've also seen him miss short passes for no obvious reason. I would add that a strength of his game was eluding rushers and  extending plays. This means odd arm throwing motions. If he has lost range of motion, that could hinder those miracle throws on the run.

Or his offensive line could be, well, offensive...

11 hours ago, dafreak said:

His deep accuracy has been a problem but he has missed some pretty easy, short throws too. Throws that almost any QB could make and throws that he has never not made. He is also throwing behind and high on medium length routes. Overall very un-Rodgers esque. His accuracy is what has made him a great QB, and while still good without the elite precision, it has made him and the Packers much more pedestrian.

9 hours ago, mild cheddar said:

I do not think he is a scumbag, either. I've also seen him miss short passes for no obvious reason. I would add that a strength of his game was eluding rushers and  extending plays. This means odd arm throwing motions. If he has lost range of motion, that could hinder those miracle throws on the run.

I have seen 5 or 6 GB games.  He is banged up, for some games more than others, but for most his arm still looks strong and mostly accurate.  When he runs, he runs fast and gets away. With high volume I have seen every QB in league miss wide open receivers this year.  It happens, happens more if you throw almost every down.  Difference is other things happen in games for good teams that makes you forget those misses. When you lose you remember every miss. 

Problem as I see it his decision making.  He is holding ball on almost every play and rarely throwing on schedule as play is designed.  No matter play call he is turning it into playground football.  It just isn't moving chains enough.  A lot of misses are him throwing awkwardly with a guy just about to get to him.  Game is mostly a game of ten yards. They arent running ball or converting enough first downs and that is mostly because of Rodgers. Not the coach and not the play calling.  Its his fault. Because he is a hero or a lot of people are invested in calling him best QB not a lot of people are willing to say it.  

Does running around give you some wow plays? Yes.  But not enough to make up for all the punts.  

Archived