Buy or Sell

warfelg

Ok this is simple.  I'm working on developing a more 'clarified' offseason plan, so I want you guys to 'buy or sell' a couple of situations that we might see in the offseason:

~Buy or Sell Big Ben retiring?

~Buy or Sell the following cuts: Gilbert, Bostic, Burnett, Haden?

~Buy or Sell Moving up in the draft?

~Buy or Sell Moving down in the draft?

~Buy or Sell Transition tagging Bell?

~Buy or Sell Using FA to fill out Edge?  Fill out ILB? Fill out CB?

Any other offseason (staying away from coaching) things to buy or sell on?

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ok this is simple.  I'm working on developing a more 'clarified' offseason plan, so I want you guys to 'buy or sell' a couple of situations that we might see in the offseason:

Sell Ben retiring

Buy Gilbert...Sell Burnett Bostic getting cut...Haden gets extension

Sell moving up(even tho I’m more than ever ok with it)

Sell moving down

Sell Transition tag on Bell

Buy filling CB in Free Agency...sell ILB and Edge...Dupree gets Long term deal.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

1. Sell

2. Buy (if Haden can be excluded from the list you gave, otherwise sell)

3. Buy

4. Buy

5. Sell

6. Buy (i think we will still draft players at those positions but 8 also believe legit FA talent will be added)

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I  don't know what to make of ben and have given up trying to figure him out over the years. He balks retirement, then says he wants to play another 3-4 years. I know it's only $100M  he leaves  on the table if he walks away, so maybe thats what he changed his mind.

If Burnett saves the season and helps with playoff run ()turns into Troy somehow) then he can stay but otherwise he has been unable to stay on the field and that is costly so the cut makes sense. Gilbert can't stay on the field either. Haden though, without him we would have the worst secondary, so why cut him?

Only move up if there is a player there that will help. More important, is if we have Colbert and it's a player he wants, I would say NO. It has to be a player the coaches want, not porter, butler either.  Who do you think will be there that they should move up for?

moving down, it will depend on what they get and who is there. UFA and trades first, then the draft. 

Bell, not again  (where is the head smashing emoticon?) Head Angry GIF - Head Angry PissedOff GIFs

As for Edge, is Dupree here on the 5th?  Draft Sutton Smith or other player in early rounds , thats a start and then consider UFA. If Dupree is here, they won't spend a high pick or high UFA, so expect more of the same. "we led the league in sacks, we get good pressure".  That's cause to keep dupree on the 5th , colbert keeps his picks.  

Fill out CB? I would say this is the area of most need. This is why I would get a UFA proven CB1 opposite Haden and then draft  early a legit cover CB, not a colbert guy that could be had a few rounds later either. Keep colbert out of the draft, better yet fire him now.

Sell Ben retiring.

Buy Gilbert and Burnett, sell Bostic (initially at least - he has played well when asked not to be Shazier and is cheap) and Haden  

Um, I Rent moving up in the draft? I don’t know what the middle ground word there is. IF we fill holes through FA with capable NFL starters (which I think we do, and a lot like your plan in the other thread, war) I am all for selling some stock and let’s go get a game changer prospect. That has a lot of detail though - did we fill the holes, do we have the assets someone wants, does a player fall that can be a huge impact, etc...but I think it’s realistic. 

Sell moving down - I always think this sounds better than it is. Bellicick is crowned a king for his work stock piling draft picks.....no one ever follows up on that they aren’t great at drafting. Again, if we fill the holes via FA I want the best impact people we can find. Quality not quantity this year should be the motto of this draft. 

If they think they have a realistic shot at a trade partner, I buy transitioning Bell. 

I buy the FA - find me a capable, non bank breaking FA starter at OLB, ILB, and CB. 

Archived