Bad news: Spencer Long to have a knee procedure

turtle28

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

@turtle28 How could you see this and not alert me sooner? 

@Jlash, I was going to send up a flare had you not wandered by. Your boy is being thrown into the fire with preseason game #3. Let's see what he can do. This is a big opportunity for him because Long has not looked good the past couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

@Jlash, I was going to send up a flare had you not wandered by. Your boy is being thrown into the fire with preseason game #3. Let's see what he can do. This is a big opportunity for him because Long has not looked good the past couple of weeks.

Now I have a reason to watch a Skins game!!

Just now, Jlash said:

Now I have a reason to watch a Skins game!!

*slowly reels him in, making sure not to vibrate the line too much* soon he'll join us ... soon he'll see the error of his eagle ways

Just now, Woz said:

*slowly reels him in, making sure not to vibrate the line too much* soon he'll join us ... soon he'll see the error of his eagle ways

Haha, I went to the Eagles/Skins game in DC last year. Very good set up that you have to walk through the season ticket holder parking lot to get to the stadium. Some of the friendliest heckling I've ever received. 

Just now, Jlash said:

Haha, I went to the Eagles/Skins game in DC last year. Very good set up that you have to walk through the season ticket holder parking lot to get to the stadium. Some of the friendliest heckling I've ever received. 

Last time I went to an Eagles/Skins game (at Fedex) I saw a drunk Eagles fan punch a woman in the face.  

"It seems likely the team will move quickly to add another center, and one name that will get suggested is Nick Mangold. An 11-year veteran that played his entire career with the Jets, Mangold has more experience than Long, Roullier and Patrick combined.

He's also played the position at a very high level. Twice named to the NFL's All Pro team, Mangold has made seven Pro Bowls, most recently in 2015.

It's not entirely clear why Mangold isn't on an NFL roster already. He worked out for the Ravens this offseason, though some reports suggested Mangold wanted more guaranteed money than was discussed. 

If the team truly believes Long should not miss any regular season action, Mangold is probably not a fit. At 33-years-old with an impressive resume, Mangold likely doesn't want to come back just to be a backup, and Gruden has repeatedly talked about Long's ability and potential in the middle of the line."

Archived