2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

34 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

To me it depends on where we picking and whos been picked. It also depends on who we keep(telvin,arob,colvin)and who we sign. 

Right now my p1 for us would be rosen so we have a good qb.

My favorite wr is sutton from smu and reminds me of a mike evans. 

If we are picking around 15-20 and we signed a good qb and resigned those 3 im picking Nelson G Notre Dame 

rosen isn't good but ok

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Baker Mayfield doe....

Honestly, I don't even hate Mayfield, but I feel like putting the guy over Lamar is ????????????????? worthy.

Ive never said i have mayfield over him but if i can have mayfield in round 3 or 4 ill take that over picking a Running qb.  Look at mariota(injury prone), look at rg3(injury prone).  The track record of running qbs being top 15 in the league is slim. Hell even newton who was good is starting to breakdown from over running.  Jackson isnt a good pocket passer.  

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Ive never said i have mayfield over him but if i can have mayfield in round 3 or 4 ill take that over picking a Running qb.  Look at mariota(injury prone), look at rg3(injury prone).  The track record of running qbs being top 15 in the league is slim. Hell even newton who was good is starting to breakdown from over running.  Jackson isnt a good pocket passer.  

Lamar Jackson has a heck of an arm and has shown that on several occasions though. Just because he can run and is mobile doesn't mean he HAS to do those things often.

Plus, like I said prior, if Redskins weren't so dumb with how they used RG3 and rush him back causing further injury I don't think we use him as an example that never panned out due to these qualities. Just my opinion.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Lamar Jackson has a heck of an arm and has shown that on several occasions though. Just because he can run and is mobile doesn't mean he HAS to do those things often.

Plus, like I said prior, if Redskins weren't so dumb with how they used RG3 and rush him back causing further injury I don't think we use him as an example that never panned out due to these qualities. Just my opinion.

That clemson tape tho.  Nfl teams dlines are as good if not better then that and recent oline play across the league is pretty poor so more then likely will go do what he knows best and run. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

That clemson tape tho.  Nfl teams dlines are as good if not better then that and recent oline play across the league is pretty poor so more then likely will go do what he knows best and run. 

Man, all QB's have had bad games against top tier teams in college. If you want to blast him because of that game than I guess go ahead, but if you think all of these QB's in the NFL that were drafted high killed it against every top tier school they play I have some bad news for you...

Also, as for your OL comment, our OL has been actually fairly solid in protection. Sure, it's gotten beat here and there, but I wouldn't be too worried about him behind the OL we have/hopefully a new face or two come next season. Not like he'll be coming in behind a bottom tier OL that isn't going to give him a chance barring something unforeseen with our unit.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

And that's where my opinion completely diverges.  I see RGIII getting injured, and ultimately breaking down as more or less an inevitability.  Especially with hindsight, but i thought it was a real concern at the time as well.  Maybe it's not that time that he gets injured...maybe it happens later, or earlier, or happens over the course of multiple incidents under a different staff.  But ultimately...a QB whose "value" is in significant part about their ability to run the football and is going to have any significant volume of "designed runs", is going to get injured, banged up, broken down.  Taking that away, we saw what happened with RGIII when his mobility was diminished and there's just not enough else there.  The more "value" that running ability has, the more integral it becomes to their success as a QB, and the more devastating it becomes as it diminishes.  At it will diminish over time - that much is inevitable, just as RBs are expected to wear out.

I just don't like placing any real emphasis on QB running ability.  Scrambling and ability to evade pressure, sure...but that's a very different skillset, and a very different mentality.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Also, as for your OL comment, our OL has been actually fairly solid in protection. Sure, it's gotten beat here and there, but I wouldn't be too worried about him behind the OL we have/hopefully a new face or two come next season. Not like he'll be coming in behind a bottom tier OL that isn't going to give him a chance barring something unforeseen with our unit.

its still a below average group.  only 2 worthwhile guys on the Line in Linder and robinson.  Cann still is pretty meh.  Omameh is still just a guy. Parnell should be cut next year.

47 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

its still a below average group.  only 2 worthwhile guys on the Line in Linder and robinson.  Cann still is pretty meh.  Omameh is still just a guy. Parnell should be cut next year.

Well as unit theyve played better than below average. Cann has played much better than last year.

50 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

And that's where my opinion completely diverges.  I see RGIII getting injured, and ultimately breaking down as more or less an inevitability.  Especially with hindsight, but i thought it was a real concern at the time as well.  Maybe it's not that time that he gets injured...maybe it happens later, or earlier, or happens over the course of multiple incidents under a different staff.  But ultimately...a QB whose "value" is in significant part about their ability to run the football and is going to have any significant volume of "designed runs", is going to get injured, banged up, broken down.  Taking that away, we saw what happened with RGIII when his mobility was diminished and there's just not enough else there.  The more "value" that running ability has, the more integral it becomes to their success as a QB, and the more devastating it becomes as it diminishes.  At it will diminish over time - that much is inevitable, just as RBs are expected to wear out.

I just don't like placing any real emphasis on QB running ability.  Scrambling and ability to evade pressure, sure...but that's a very different skillset, and a very different mentality.

Too each their own. Id take an RG3 type prospect in an instant if he was in this upcoming draft. He was a hell of a player until the Redskins ran him into the ground that one year. Wouldn't think twice.

53 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

so you had the foresight that a clearly blown out knee would happen at home in the playoffs on that terrible field and then ruined his entire career due to it? pryor was a very good qb who got thrown into a bad spot by terrible coaches when he was hurt and continued to tear the knee that entire game but

k

Archived