2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not really sure how "gifted" a passer Rosen actually is.  It's not like he's got an amazing arm or anything particularly special as a passer, so far as i can tell.

Yeah IDK. I just post some interesting tweets I see. Wharton is good too.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah IDK. I just post some interesting tweets I see. Wharton is good too.

Something i found really interesting was this tidbit of an article, posted in the draft forum the other day.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-qb-rankings-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-lamar-jackson-josh-allen

Not the end all-be-all or anything, but some interesting stuff i thought.  The Mason Rudolph thing was really interesting to me...2nd on one ballot, but didn't appear on 5/8 other ballots as a Top-5 QB?

This whole class is a mess.  idk.

49 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Something i found really interesting was this tidbit of an article, posted in the draft forum the other day.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/17/2018-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-qb-rankings-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-lamar-jackson-josh-allen

Not the end all-be-all or anything, but some interesting stuff i thought.  The Mason Rudolph thing was really interesting to me...2nd on one ballot, but didn't appear on 5/8 other ballots as a Top-5 QB?

This whole class is a mess.  idk.

Still early honestly, this is USUALLY how things go unless there is some elite/obviously hits at the spot. QB assessments are always vastly different from scout/insider to scout/insider.

I'm all aboard the Lamar Jackson train. Rosen is interesting. Mayfield I do think is ok but prefer Lamar by a solid bit, etc. Not a fantastic class, but this past one was worse and Trub/Watson have the looks of being POTENTIALLY solid options moving forward, or at least have qualities that you can build on and maybe get something out of with proper coaching which is a big part in QB development.

I guess we'll see what happens. If we were picking top 5 I'd be much more meh about the idea, but imo we likely fit right outside the top 10 and at that point I think I'd be cool taking a shot on a guy that may be a bit risky as long as we believe he can be a franchise level guy at some point. Obviously it's still a 1st rounder, but I feel less worried as we aren't passing on an obvious elite talent to take that QB (Bortles over Khalil Mack, etc.).

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Still early honestly, this is USUALLY how things go unless there is some elite/obviously hits at the spot. QB assessments are always vastly different from scout/insider to scout/insider.

I'm all aboard the Lamar Jackson train. Rosen is interesting. Mayfield I do think is ok but prefer Lamar by a solid bit, etc. Not a fantastic class, but this past one was worse and Trub/Watson have the looks of being POTENTIALLY solid options moving forward, or at least have qualities that you can build on and maybe get something out of with proper coaching which is a big part in QB development.

I guess we'll see what happens. If we were picking top 5 I'd be much more meh about the idea, but imo we likely fit right outside the top 10 and at that point I think I'd be cool taking a shot on a guy that may be a bit risky as long as we believe he can be a franchise level guy at some point. Obviously it's still a 1st rounder, but I feel less worried as we aren't passing on an obvious elite talent to take that QB (Bortles over Khalil Mack, etc.).

The thing is, Trubisky was a 1-year wonder for sure...but he was very good in his one year.  And Watson had plenty of questionmarks, but the guy was a dominant elite tier NCAA QB who was out there chasing championships with his team.  There are always questionmarks...but nobody this year has grabbed the bull by the horns and said, "hey yeah, me, i'm the guy!".  They're all just sorta trying to sabotage their own draft stock apparently.  idk.

2 hours ago, iPwn said:

This Offensive Line potential Free Agent class is garbage.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

Will definitely need to double/triple dip in the draft there.

Norwell, Pugh, John Sullivan all would be quality adds for the Interior.  Sullivan would move Linder to guard tho. 

Offensive tackle wise theres a few guys id look at depending on the salary(Flemming, Henderson). i dont think we need to Move Cam from LT to RT and i dont think we need to try that with Solder. 

Give me Norwell and Pugh for like 15-20 Million a year combined. 

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

This Offensive Line potential Free Agent class is garbage.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/offensive-line/

Will definitely need to double/triple dip in the draft there.

Most Offensive Line Free Agent classes are garbage tbh.  There's usually a reason teams let OLine guys go in a time where every team is desperate for quality offensive line play.

Fortunately, this looks like a really really good offensive line class i think.  Tons of like late-1st/early-2nd calibre Interior guys, and some interesting Tackles too.

16 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Most Offensive Line Free Agent classes are garbage tbh.  There's usually a reason teams let OLine guys go in a time where every team is desperate for quality offensive line play.

Fortunately, this looks like a really really good offensive line class i think.  Tons of like late-1st/early-2nd calibre Interior guys, and some interesting Tackles too.

love me some Orlando brown and the Western Michigan Guy. 

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

There’s usually a couple high end names at this point in the process. A lot of them get re-signed for sure. But at this point, the only premium guy is Solder. If a couple guys get signed, there’s basically nothing worth going after in this class.

47 minutes ago, iPwn said:

There’s usually a couple high end names at this point in the process. A lot of them get re-signed for sure. But at this point, the only premium guy is Solder. If a couple guys get signed, there’s basically nothing worth going after in this class.

norwell is a star lg. Pugh is definitely starting caliber/name. 

Theres typically not many name olinemen and typically you dont know them unless there really good or they suck. 

Norwell is as good if not better then last years name guard Kevin Zietler.

If you want to have a lil gamble id sign TE Tyler Eifert to a lower risk contract. 

Archived