2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

28 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Having Lamar as our qb is worse.  Atleast with mayfield you can see the fit in this offense.  We essentially run a west coast offense and he makes some good west coast throws. 

You want me to a pick a qb to gamble on. Give me Josh Allen. Best arm-athleticism-size prospect. Coach him up.

We know your views. You don't have to repeat them 3x a week. Especially when your on an island and all it does is cause the same discussion as the last.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We know your views. Don't have to repeat them 3x a week. Especially when you're alone on an island and all it does its cause the same discussion as the last.

We know your views on lamar.  You keep posting gifs of him and i can keep posting mayfield stuff. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/2/16394012/seven-gifs-baker-mayfields-early-jaguars-scouting-report

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2737050-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-josh-allen-the-nfl-and-the-huge-twitter-debate.amp.html

Heres an interesting Josh Allen take.  

"When I got into scouting over 10 years ago, an NFL general manager told me in an email to focus on what a player can do and not what he can't as the golden rule of scouting. With Allen, it's all the things he can do that make him a first-round prospect. "

i can buy that what he can do as a scout. 

Just now, LinderFournette said:

We know your views on lamar.  You keep posting gifs of him and i can keep posting mayfield stuff. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/10/2/16394012/seven-gifs-baker-mayfields-early-jaguars-scouting-report

Go ahead.

Anytime someone talks about Lamar all you do is say how you dislike him and we shouldnt take him then bring up how you like Mayfield and what round we could get Josh Allen.

Its like clockwork.

Talk about Mayfield all you want. But I seriously dont get why literally every discussion that people have is just ran off the road by "Baker Mayfield the god" posts. 

Let people who like Lamar and post info about him talk about him.

Anyways, I saw a ton of positives against NC State. Had a couple not so great moments but acting as if these college kids should be flawless is overblown. Lamar looks like a future playmaker at QB to me. Sign me up.

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10 (BUF): Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming (A) qb of future
Round 1 Pick 29 (BUF): Courtland Sutton, WR, Southern Methodist (A) starting wr
Round 2 Pick 4: Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame (A-) starting rt
Round 3 Pick 4: Mason Cole, C/OT, Michigan (A+) starting g
Round 3 Pick 10 (BUF): Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (A) possible TE
Round 4 Pick 4: Duke Ejiofor, DE, Wake Forest (A-) backup de
Round 5 Pick 4: Will Hernandez, OG, Texas-El Paso (A) g competition
Round 6 Pick 4: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (B+) athletic backup te
Round 7 Pick 4: Dee Delaney, CB, Miami (FL) (A) possible nb

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Anyways, I saw a ton of positives against NC State. Had a couple not so great moments but acting as if these college kids should be flawless is overblown. Lamar looks like a future playmaker at QB to me. Sign me up.

I'm already signed up. Now I'm just going to try to stay as unbiased as possible and nitpick the little things.

We all know the positives. Elite athleticism not only at the QB position, but he is probably 1 of the top 5 athletes on the field at all times. He has a cannon arm. Competitor. 

Negatives: Accuracy mid-deep and mechanics. Eyes/ vision. Can he read a defense? Can he keep his eyes downfield, instead of looking to run anytime the pressure gets to him? Can you teach him to slide or get out of bounds, instead of taking on defenders? 

He fixes his accuracy/ mechanics and he's worthy of being in this league - top 40 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to read a defense and improves his eyes/ vision and he's a top 20 QB in the NFL.

He learns to avoid hits (slide and stop trying to run over DBs) and he's a top 16 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to keep his eyes downfield instead of folding to pressure and he's a top 12 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to avoid defenders in the pocket instead of using happy feet to run and uses his improved vision/ accuracy to reset and make a play downfield and you have a top 8 QB in the NFL.

There is no QB coming into the league in the next 5 years that has the ceiling that Lamar Jackson has, but the same can be said about his bust potential. 

50 minutes ago, Jags said:

I'm already signed up. Now I'm just going to try to stay as unbiased as possible and nitpick the little things.

We all know the positives. Elite athleticism not only at the QB position, but he is probably 1 of the top 5 athletes on the field at all times. He has a cannon arm. Competitor. 

Negatives: Accuracy mid-deep and mechanics. Eyes/ vision. Can he read a defense? Can he keep his eyes downfield, instead of looking to run anytime the pressure gets to him? Can you teach him to slide or get out of bounds, instead of taking on defenders? 

He fixes his accuracy/ mechanics and he's worthy of being in this league - top 40 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to read a defense and improves his eyes/ vision and he's a top 20 QB in the NFL.

He learns to avoid hits (slide and stop trying to run over DBs) and he's a top 16 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to keep his eyes downfield instead of folding to pressure and he's a top 12 QB in the NFL. 

He learns to avoid defenders in the pocket instead of using happy feet to run and uses his improved vision/ accuracy to reset and make a play downfield and you have a top 8 QB in the NFL.

There is no QB coming into the league in the next 5 years that has the ceiling that Lamar Jackson has, but the same can be said about his bust potential. 

Josh Allen says hello to the ceiling. 

Huge arm, good size, good athleticism

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

Josh Allen says hello to the ceiling. 

Huge arm, good size, good athleticism

Allen has the huge arm like Flacco, and good size, but his athleticism should not even be mentioned in the same breath. Jackson's ceiling is higher, but so is his bust potential. 

13 minutes ago, Jags said:

Allen has the huge arm like Flacco, and good size, but his athleticism should not even be mentioned in the same breath. Jackson's ceiling is higher, but so is his bust potential. 

Lets wait for combine to compare athleticism. But allen is probably 20 pounds heavier.

15 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2737050-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-josh-allen-the-nfl-and-the-huge-twitter-debate.amp.html

Heres an interesting Josh Allen take.  

"When I got into scouting over 10 years ago, an NFL general manager told me in an email to focus on what a player can do and not what he can't as the golden rule of scouting. With Allen, it's all the things he can do that make him a first-round prospect. "

i can buy that what he can do as a scout. 

The problem is, if you ignore what a QB can't do, you may well end up with a total bum.  I mean, if you just look at what Bortles can do...he's got some great traits and ability!!!

Same goes for Jackson.  If you only look at what he can do...it's pretty impressive.  He can run the ball with the best of 'em.  He has some major splash plays through the air too.  It's where you have to look at what he maybe can't do - protecting himself, be consistent with the accuracy, stay in a passer mindset while scrambling, etc. that questions arise.

Archived