2018 draft thread - still sucking a decade later

Its A Sabotage

24 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

No need to be Paying 5 million for an Average Tackle when we can replace him in the draft with  a younger, better player.

We have a top 3 running game and Blake has largely been held upright most every game Parnell has played.

He has been much more than an average tackle. Also, 5M with the increasing salary cap is a bargain. Good luck getting anyone close to Parnell for 5M per.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We have a top 3 running game and Blake has largely been held upright most every game Parnell has played.

He has been much more than an average tackle. Also, 5M with the increasing salary cap is a bargain. Good luck getting anyone close to Parnell for 5M per.

ill take a Rookie 1st/2nd round pick for 200 alex

Blakes usually only upright cuz we run like the same few pass plays a game and 1 is like our go to play and is a relatively quick throw. 

we need to find upgrades at RT, RG, and LG. im not saying Parnell is Bad but theres a Reason why we drafted Cam robinson and traded for Albert. it was because the team wanted to improve both Tackle spots. clearly LT seems fixed but Parnell is average at best. we can certainly do better. im not saying Cut him without having a replacement secured but its definitely a spot where we could use more youth and ability and perforably someone to kick Josh wells off this roster as well. 

if you really want to say how tackles are getting Paid its the Left tackles getting Paid not the right tackles.  Parnell has the 6th highest Salary this year at RT per Sportac. next year it drops down to 18th which seems like decent value but we are a young team. a soon to be 32 year old RT isnt exactly gonna be here for long and should be considered a early round need.  

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

ill take a Rookie 1st/2nd round pick for 200 alex

Blakes usually only upright cuz we run like the same few pass plays a game and 1 is like our go to play and is a relatively quick throw. 

we need to find upgrades at RT, RG, and LG. im not saying Parnell is Bad but theres a Reason why we drafted Cam robinson and traded for Albert. it was because the team wanted to improve both Tackle spots. clearly LT seems fixed but Parnell is average at best. we can certainly do better. im not saying Cut him without having a replacement secured but its definitely a spot where we could use more youth and ability and perforably someone to kick Josh wells off this roster as well. 

if you really want to say how tackles are getting Paid its the Left tackles getting Paid not the right tackles.  Parnell has the 6th highest Salary this year at RT per Sportac. next year it drops down to 18th which seems like decent value but we are a young team. a soon to be 32 year old RT isnt exactly gonna be here for long and should be considered a early round need.  

We also need OG, possibly a QB, WR, TE, CB, and multiple positions dying for depth. You can't get every spot filled in the draft.

Also, who cares if he's 32? A rookie doesn't have to start. Draft a guy and let him sit for a year. Good teams aren't littered with rookies starting.

He's exactly what I said, a below average pay for RT next year. You aren't finding a RT of that caliber for that price.

Just now, .Buzz said:

We also need OG, possibly a QB, WR, TE, CB, and multiple positions dying for depth. You can't get every spot filled in the draft.

Also, who cares if he's 32? A rookie doesn't have to start. Draft a guy and let him sit for a year. Good teams aren't littered with rookies starting.

He's exactly what I said, a below average pay for RT next year. You aren't finding a RT of that caliber for that price.

you do realize we have 30 in cap room right and granted we should be putting some aside so we can do Ngakoues contract asap cuz i feel like his stats are only gonna become better and better.  only must resign is Arob.  colvin can stay if the price is right because i dont recall him being a DB that picks off the ball alot.   good teams play the best player regardless of experience. 

Hurns can take a hike at this point especially if we keep Arob cuz then your already looking at 4 WRs on that we are keeping in Arob, Dede, Cole, Mickens(im saying keep him cuz hes a good returner since i said all he does is fair catch). 

TE i agree we need to get some kinda weapon there. id love to try getting Eifert on a Prove it deal or something like the beachum contract. 

CB i feel that its a need but not a need at the same time. kinda depends on the colvin thing. if he stays then maybe a Late round pick to compete with Myrick and patmon.  if not go earlier and draft maybe dawson from fl in round 3?

Matt miller fanspeak mock

27: R1P27
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME starting rt
59: R2P27
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE starting lg
91: R3P27
TE HAYDEN HURST
SOUTH CAROLINA possible starting te
129: R4P27
CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS cb depth/bpa
205: R6P27
QB RILEY FERGUSON
MEMPHIS qb depth
228: R7P9
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE backup ilb
246: R7P27
LB DARIUS LEONARD
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE lb depth

So i saw this mock in usa today by Luke Easterling. 

It was interesting to say the least. 

Round 1: Ronnie Harrison S Alabama

Round 2: Mike Gesicki TE Penn State

Round 3: Luke Falk QB Washington State

Round 4: Marcel Ateman WR Oklahoma State.

Round 1 we pass on: Josh Allen QB Wyoming, Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame, Billy Price C Ohio state, James washington wr Oklahoma state, deon cain wr clemson.

Archived