Help me out with a fantasy question?

JaguarCrazy2832

Hey Ravens fans,

I have a fantasy football question:

What is your RB situation like? I assume West will be the guy that gets the bulk and the GL looks. Have an offer on the table to trade him for Allen Robinson. I know what to expect from Arob but not so much your team and RB situation. I assume Woodhead gets alot of catch work

Do you have any projections for me for West and his role in the offense?

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey Ravens fans,

I have a fantasy football question:

What is your RB situation like? I assume West will be the guy that gets the bulk and the GL looks. Have an offer on the table to trade him for Allen Robinson. I know what to expect from Arob but not so much your team and RB situation. I assume Woodhead gets alot of catch work

Do you have any projections for me for West and his role in the offense?

West is the starter and you should probably expect about 15 touches a game unless it turns into a shootout, which shouldn't happen much with our defense. Although Mornhineg hates running the ball. BUT. We brought in Greg Roman in an attempt to strengthen the run game.

My two cents. It's a no brainer. Go with Allen Robinson. Unless you're loaded at WR and desperate at RB. his upsides is way better.

8 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

West is the starter and you should probably expect about 15 touches a game unless it turns into a shootout, which shouldn't happen much with our defense. Although Mornhineg hates running the ball. BUT. We brought in Greg Roman in an attempt to strengthen the run game.

My two cents. It's a no brainer. Go with Allen Robinson. Unless you're loaded at WR and desperate at RB. his upsides is way better.

I have Jordy and Michael Thomas. Fitzgerald is my #3 whereas i have Demarco Murray(handcuffed with Henry), Mixon, Gilislee, Jstew and Perkins. So Robinson would definitely be my flex

ARob should offer significantly more fantasy upside than West.  

West is a mediocre RB in what is likely (at best) to be a mediocre offense, and of your RBs, I'd probably only take him above Gilislee (and mostly because you never know which RB will get the touches in that NE offense)

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

ARob should offer significantly more fantasy upside than West.  

West is a mediocre RB in what is likely (at best) to be a mediocre offense, and of your RBs, I'd probably only take him above Gilislee (and mostly because you never know which RB will get the touches in that NE offense)

I think Perkins offers a lot less but I know Robinson has upside. Figured West would probably get 1000 yards and 7-8 TDs though

To be honest I wouldn't want any Raven on offense for fantasy this season. The line is going to be bad so the running game will be awful and Flacco isn't going to be good either. So the value of the wideouts is tanked. Taking a last-round flyer on Maxx Williams at tight end isn't an awful idea if that's how you handle that position.

I guess you could count Tucker as an offensive player though. Everybody should want him as their fantasy kicker. :D

19 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

To be honest I wouldn't want any Raven on offense for fantasy this season. The line is going to be bad so the running game will be awful and Flacco isn't going to be good either. So the value of the wideouts is tanked. Taking a last-round flyer on Maxx Williams at tight end isn't an awful idea if that's how you handle that position.

I guess you could count Tucker as an offensive player though. Everybody should want him as their fantasy kicker. :D

Thanks i appreciate any and all help. I'm so used to a strong Ravens team i assumed it was getting better over there. I do like Maxx and wanted him badly during his Minnesota days.

Is everyone expecting a bad season there?

I mean, if the offensive line absolutely shocks us all I think the Maclin, Wallace, and maybe Perriman could be relevant fantasy options at wide receiver. But that's an astronomical if. Flacco sucks with bad protection, and if he sucks then the receivers will suck as will the rest of the offense. Wallace started off really hot last season but then fell off quite a bit. I would expect more of the latter from everybody this season. Tight end is such a fantasy gamble from week to week anyways that a flyer on Williams, perhaps even Boyle, isn't awful but only as a flyer.

Most of us do expect a tremendous performance from the defense this season as long as Pees doesn't mess things up (which is likely). Not sure if great defense + bad offense will translate to wins though. That's not how the NFL works these days.

Archived