Preseason Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers

.Buzz

Still no word on the starter. Feel like it'll be Bortles so that way he has the first shot to show something instead of Henne (if Henne goes out and completely balls then he probably is done anyway).

Unless Henne just absolutely sucks I have no idea how he isn't the OD starter unless Kaep/trade happens.

27 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Even if a trade happens at this point a new guy wont start. Needs to learn everything his predecessor knew

That's true, probably looking at wk 2 or 3 if a deal happens here in next week or so.

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

WTF is going on?

Was to be expected that they'd both get 1st team reps. I just find the whole "planning on doing it" a bit funny, doesn't even sound like its a sure thing.

I think that's quite telling.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Was to be expected that they'd both get 1st team reps. I just find the whole "planning on doing it" a bit funny, doesn't even sound like its a sure thing.

I think that's quite telling.

Yea that is funny wording at least. Like if Henne doesn't spike himself, Bortles rides the bench

Game time in a little under two hours. What are you all hoping to see?

I hope we see Chad Henne continue to do what he did last week. Give the WR's a chance (unlike Bortles), and the continued progression from Cam Robinson. I'm also pretty interested to see what Bowanko can do at LG. I am not expecting much of a run game unless Grant is in the game. Ivory I have zero hope in at this point. He is absolutely atrocious out there and never does anything. I get the OL hasn't been great, but Fournette and Grant find holes/make some things happen, Ivory has to have a wide open obvious hole to make ANYTHING happen. If not he struggles to even get back to the line of scrimmage.

On defense, looking forward to seeing the young guys (Jack, Fowler, Ngakoue, Smoot). Sounds like the defense isn't playing a ton tonight unfortunately (starters), but should see them for around a quarter I think.

If Myers sucks again, bye.

2 minutes ago, iPwn said:

I hope Bortles has an incredible showing, and Henne is just kinda mediocre. I want maximum insanity.

Sign me up for this.  If we're going to do this whole circus again for another year, i want maximum lol at least.

Archived