Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, I get where you stand, I’m asking why though.

What quality does he lack for being a HC in your opinion?

He hasn’t called plays long enough even tho it’s not a requisite for a hc to call plays 

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, I get where you stand, I’m asking why though.

What quality does he lack for being a HC in your opinion?

Neither you or I know enough about to say either way, tbh. I just feel that hes a position coach thrust into an OC position and has the opportunity to be groomed into a HC by the guy he learned from to begin with. 

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he goes 6-2, I think you have to seriously consider him. I know Hue isn't the bar you judge by but winning twice as many games in 8 attempts as Hue did in 40... that shows a new culture at least.

Edit: I assumed you guys were talking about Williams, obviously it was Kitchens. Either way, I think both should be considered.

We haven’t beat anybody of substance. 2 above .500 teams we got whooped, one we beat at the time was depleted by injury. Again he’s not Hue is what people are excited by?

Btw I agree Kitchens should be considered, I’m not saying he shouldn’t. Williams? Yeah no he’s not a good head coach. 

Just now, pnies20 said:

Neither you or I know enough about to say either way, tbh. I just feel that hes a position coach thrust into an OC position and has the opportunity to be groomed into a HC by the guy he learned from to begin with. 

What grooming occurs by being an OC?  What does grooming entail exactly? 

Good assistant position coaches become position coaches.  Good position coaches become coordinators.  Good coordinators become HC’s.  

Kitchens is already a coordinator and has killed it this year.  What’s next?  Does Gregggg or Bruce need to show him how to throw a challenge flag or something?

Legit asking and not just being a smartarse, what exactly does grooming consist of? 

Much like Greggg has likely done with Freddie, Freddie can hire a DC and let them run the D. Freddie runs the offense with Baker. Dorsey and Co manage the 53.  

Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

21 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

There are guys like Andy Reid who became successful Head Coaches based on their work with position groups who never called plays before getting in the big seat, so I don't necessarily see the fact Kitchens only called 6 games as a huge drawback. He should be considered on his body of work, personality, and vision for how to run a program. If those check out during the interview, it's a good gamble to take in my book.

Now this I can’t argue. The all important interview. Something none of us are privy to. I’m just not seeing why people are saying he absolutely should be the next head coach when he hasn’t even been an OC in his 40 plus years of life. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Now this I can’t argue. The all important interview. Something none of us are privy to. I’m just not seeing why people are saying he absolutely should be the next head coach when he hasn’t even been an OC in his 40 plus years of life. 

From what I can tell anyway, he and Baker seem to get along well and work very well together.  Not sure if the importance of their relationship can be understated.  

As far as why it took him so long to become a coordinator, perhaps his lad back, “aw shucks” country personality didn’t do him any favors with the hiring suits?  Dunno..

I will say it looks like someone should have given him the gig before now, as he sure as hell looks ready and able.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What grooming occurs by being an OC?  What does grooming entail exactly? 

Good assistant position coaches become position coaches.  Good position coaches become coordinators.  Good coordinators become HC’s.  

Kitchens is already a coordinator and has killed it this year.  What’s next?  Does Gregggg or Bruce need to show him how to throw a challenge flag or something?

Legit asking and not just being a smartarse, what exactly does grooming consist of? 

Much like Greggg has likely done with Freddie, Freddie can hire a DC and let them run the D. Freddie runs the offense with Baker. Dorsey and Co manage the 53.  

Easy peasy lemon squeezey.

He’ll be attached to Arians hip and learning how to run a franchise as a HC from someone that did it a high level. I think it lowers the risk of Kitchens flopping as a HC and there’s really no downside. There’s continuity and establishing of solid assistants for him that he might not have had otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

We haven’t beat anybody of substance. 2 above .500 teams we got whooped, one we beat at the time was depleted by injury. Again he’s not Hue is what people are excited by?

Btw I agree Kitchens should be considered, I’m not saying he shouldn’t. Williams? Yeah no he’s not a good head coach. 

If we would have beat the bad Raiders and TB we'd be the leading #2 wildcard team right now. I know you want a Super Bowl but step one is getting to the playoffs and getting some experience. You do that by beating average and worse teams. I think these last 2 games are huge for us. If we can win out and beat a team trying to get a playoff spot in the process I think winning 6 out of 7 games is going to be really hard to ignore. If we hire a new coach and go 5-11 next year for whatever reason I don't know if he lasts beyond that season. If we lose either of the last two games I think it makes it easier to overlook the internal guys.

5 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

He’ll be attached to Arians hip and learning how to run a franchise as a HC from someone that did it a high level. I think it lowers the risk of Kitchens flopping as a HC and there’s really no downside. There’s continuity and establishing of solid assistants for him that he might not have had otherwise.

downside is that we lose him next year.. same downside as if we hired GGG

Archived