Favourite weather conditions for NFL games

Hunter2_1

What are your favourite conditions to watch a game in?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite conditions to watch a game in?

• Clear, fine and sunny
    • Windy
    • Snow and/or blizzard
    • Rain
    • Hot and/or humid
    • Freezing cold (NFC CG 2008)
    • Standard/Normal - so it has no baring on the play

Definitely snow. It's pretty rare to have a snow game where it's actually snowing/blizzard like conditions during the game. The Packer/Seattle playoff game (Favre's last win as a Packer) was a tremendous amount of fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Definitely snow. It's pretty rare to have a snow game where it's actually snowing/blizzard like conditions during the game. The Packer/Seattle playoff game (Favre's last win as a Packer) was a tremendous amount of fun to watch. 

I was there, I loved every numb second of it.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, Jerry said:

I don't care for extremely cold temperatures, I just want snow coming down.  That's when true grit comes out and pounding the rock really matters.  Those are always the most exciting because ball control really matters and anything can happen.

I agree. Snow if fun but sub zero temps aren't even fun to watch because it hurts too bad (yes, to watch) and the play is stiff.

I love snowy games but tbh i prefer perfect weather for games so each time has a chance to showcase their strengths. The crappier the weather the better chance a run-heavy team has to win and sometimes the product during poor weather suffers. Yea it's a man's sport but as a viewer you want to be most entertained by the game

All inclement-weather games evoke not one, but two great primordial struggles: man against man, and man against nature. But out of all those possibilities, there's nothing like watching a football game played in a driving snowstorm. It's messy. It's maddening. It's exhilarating. I wish the Vikings still played outdoors.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:08 PM, Ketchup said:

The 2001 Patriots-Raiders divisional playoff game was a game clearly affected by the snow. 

These games aren't rare in New England. I've been to a few snow games, a couple of rain games (including freezing rain) and extremely cold games. While nice weather is the best the attend, freezing rain is by far the worst (make sure to wear water proof pants)  

Torrential downpour.

Those FSU/Miami games where it was pouring with mud everywhere were my favorite by far.  The hard hits in those games where you saw the water shoot off the player who was getting hit were great.

Although....i did hate the FSU/Louisville games in the rain....

Archived