2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, jetjuice said:

Ultimately we're going to need a well-balanced team. But I think jetskid007 hit the nail on the head, offense is more about scheme and defense is more about pure athleticism and talent. It's harder to win your matchup when you don't know where the play is going unless you're physically superior.

Agreed. But that’s putting a whole lot of faith on Darnold being a HOF QB and Gase being this offensive genius. Odds of both of those are pretty slim.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. But that’s putting a whole lot of faith on Darnold being a HOF QB and Gase being this offensive genius. Odds of both of those are pretty slim.

Why does it have to be that drastic? Gase got the most out of his limited talent in Miami, and I think we all agree on Darnold having a bright future. I'm not betting against them doing their jobs well.

9 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

That jives with the rules.  Easier to play O than D in the NFL  So you better be a great athlete if your a defender.  Rules are such that a less talented WR can have an upper hand on an average CB. 

Nail on the head. Which is why I don't get too caught up on the need to have superstars all over on offense. 

If I'm building an ideal team that allows for 6 stars total, I'd have one a QB, one at LT, then the rest on defense. 

My ideal offense outside of a QB would be as follows: (1) elite offensive line, (2) a multi-purpose RB, (3) a dominant TE, then finally (4) a group of complementary WRs. 

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Nail on the head. Which is why I don't get too caught up on the need to have superstars all over on offense. 

If I'm building an ideal team that allows for 6 stars total, I'd have one a QB, one at LT, then the rest on defense. 

My ideal realistic offense outside of a QB would be as follows: (1) elite offensive line, (2) a multi-purpose RB, (3) a dominant TE, then finally (4) a group of complementary WRs. 

Yup.  I have said for years the two most important positions on O are QB and LT.  D is pass rusher and cover CB.  All 4 positions are the hardest to find IMO.  But having more talent on D can help overcome not having a dominant pass rusher or CB but you can't over come not having a QB on offensive. And if you have a QB who is constantly on his back and getting pressured from the blind side your done.  Period.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

No he isn't.

The point I’m making is Humphrey saying that is the equivalent of a Jet player coming out and announcing “listen to LeVeon album at 12, he’s announcing he’s joining the Jets”. Humphrey trollin. He always troll. Look at his twitter responses. 

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Yup.  I have said for years the two most important positions on O are QB and LT.  D is pass rusher and cover CB.  All 4 positions are the hardest to find IMO.  But having more talent on D can help overcome a dominant pass rusher or CB but you can't over come not having a QB on offensive.  Period.

I’m all for building the OL and yes LT is a righty QBs blind side. But a lot of teams are lining up the best pass rusher they have now over the RT. So really both tackles are valuable now

Archived