2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I bet Bell views Lamar better than Darnold. I don’t agree. But he sees a guy that atleast won some games. Where Darnold really didn’t. They can get close money wise... then I could see him going there.

If Bell really thinks Lamar is better than Darnold he must not have valued his time with Big Ben and the games they won.  I only see him going there to play Pitt twice a year.  Otherwise ... Pitt and Cleveland will dominate that Conference.  D-coordinators will catch up with Lamar this year.  If Bell wants to win we are a better spot.

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

If Bell really thinks Lamar is better than Darnold he must not have valued his time with Big Ben and the games they won.  I only see him going there to play Pitt twice a year.  Otherwise ... Pitt and Cleveland will dominate that Conference.  D-coordinators will catch up with Lamar this year.  If Bell wants to win we are a better spot.

I forgot to add that. I said earlier today that playing Pitt twice a year could help him get some revenge perhaps. Something we can’t offer. I still truly think we were just his ploy for money all along. Never intended to sign with us.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

And every last one of them are better than any 1 of our WRs. It’s also failing to mention Gronk, Ertz, Graham which is convenient. Also only 1 QB of those groups isn’t a HOF QB.

Doesn't that prove QB is more important the WR?  You don't see AJ Green caring Andy Dalton to a SB. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And every last one of them are better than any 1 of our WRs. It’s also failing to mention Gronk, Ertz, Graham which is convenient. Also only 1 QB of those groups isn’t a HOF QB.

So which one do you want to go with, we don't know if Sam Darnold will be a HOF QB or that the WRs they had are better than ours? You're kind of playing two sides to this one...

Point I'm trying to make is that having a super star WR means squat; not that we are going to the Super Bowl with our current cast of receivers. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I've pretty much moved on from Bell and started checking out the RB draft prospects. 

He'd be great and a nice piece to help Sam develop.  But we can find a guy in the draft.  Love Miles Sanders in mid rounds

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Doesn't that prove QB is more important the WR?  You don't see AJ Green caring Andy Dalton to a SB. 

Absolutely. But Darnold is not Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, etc yet. This point is valid in a couple years (or who knows maybe even after this next year I don’t know) when Darnold is 100% a franchise QB

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. But Darnold is not Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, etc yet. This point is valid in a couple years (or who knows maybe even after this next year I don’t know) when Darnold is 100% a franchise QB

Problem is there are not many WR available.  And the ones that were had the potential to ruin Sam with their diva attitudes (not that the NYG would have traded OBJ to us anyway)

Archived