2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

He'd be great and a nice piece to help Sam develop.  But we can find a guy in the draft.  Love Miles Sanders in mid rounds

He's probably my favorite right now. I still have to check more out. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. But Darnold is not Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, etc yet. This point is valid in a couple years (or who knows maybe even after this next year I don’t know) when Darnold is 100% a franchise QB

But everything you have stated is proving to be completely fallacious. 

You want the Jets to get a superstar WR because you feel it will help Darnold become a superstar QB, but history shows that's not the case. Sure maybe he can put up better numbers, but it won't make him a better QB. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

So which one do you want to go with, we don't know if Sam Darnold will be a HOF QB or that the WRs they had are better than ours? You're kind of playing two sides to this one...

Point I'm trying to make is that having a super star WR means squat; not that we are going to the Super Bowl with our current cast of receivers. 

If I had to bet I’d say darnold does become a franchise QB for us and that’s doesnt mean a HOF QB. I think it’s a process to groom him to that as well. And having talent can only help that. But that can be years away. And after all it’s a guess. And I think it’s pretty much a fact that those WRs are better than Robby or Enunwa.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

If I had to bet I’d say darnold does become a franchise QB for us and that’s doesnt mean a HOF QB. I think it’s a process to groom him to that as well. And having talent can only help that. But that can be years away. And after all it’s a guess. And I think it’s pretty much a fact that those WRs are better than Robby or Enunwa.

Agreed. However that's not the point I was making. We do not need to ever sign or trade for a superstar WR in order to be a good, successful offense is what I'm getting at. It's a luxury, and history proves that to be the case. 

5 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

But everything you have stated is proving to be completely fallacious. 

You want the Jets to get a superstar WR because you feel it will help Darnold become a superstar QB, but history shows that's not the case. Sure maybe he can put up better numbers, but it won't make him a better QB. 

Your point is in essence saying that a great wr is pointless. And I can’t agree with that. Your in essence saying you’d rather Robby, Enunwa, Crowder than Julio, Ridley and Sanu. For starters I think Atlanta’s issue was coaching not talent. And I do think it helps a QB. A ball gets lobbed up to Julio is he not gonna catch it at a higher rate than that if Enunwa? Does that not build a QBs confidence? Which in turn helps him develop?

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

Agreed. However that's not the point I was making. We do not need to ever sign or trade for a superstar WR in order to be a good, successful offense is what I'm getting at. It's a luxury, and history proves that to be the case. 

But we need superstars at all 11 defensive positions?

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Your point is in essence saying that a great wr is pointless. And I can’t agree with that. Your in essence saying you’d rather Robby, Enunwa, Crowder than Julio, Ridley and Sanu. For starters I think Atlanta’s issue was coaching not talent. And I do think it helps a QB. A ball gets lobbed up to Julio is he not gonna catch it at a higher rate than that if Enunwa? Does that not build a QBs confidence?

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that it's not nearly as important as other positions. It's not an interracial part of roster building. If it falls into your lap or I get to pick a group in a vacuum of course I'll take their group, but if you ask me to choose between an elite WR core or an elite group of front 7 defenders, I take the defenders every single time. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We praise Adams... you had that list of WRs. I’d love to hear the list of the SS of all those SB teams.

You're forcing Adams into a box here, suggesting that he's "just" a SS. You see, the value of defense is many of these players play multiple positions, so it's nearly impossible to label him that way. And I'm sure there are honestly more upper echelon SSs on that list than WRs. 

Either way, you're argument keeps falling on its face. I get it, you like offense. You want us to be the next KC or LAR show. It's not happening right now. Doesn't mean we can't be a good football team without a 40 pt offense. 

Archived