Bills fire OL, WR and ST Coaches. Hire OL Bobby Johnson.

Trentwannabe

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

BOOOOOOO!

Though it makes sense because of his time spent in Pittsburgh with Arians.

Come on Andy Dickerson.

I dont get how he was blocked by the bills one minute to interview and the next minute denver allows him to sign with Bucs. This is something the league should look in to as coercion. 

16 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Armstrong joins the all-star staff in Tampa Bay.

Bill Callahan is apparently leaving Washington. He should be at the top of every teams list. Daboll credits learning under him from their time in New York. He would be a great get.

I wonder if Dolphins hire a new HC Rizzi leaves if he ends up going to Jets to be part of Gase staff, that would make Boyer available which the bills should look at. I guess the bills are going to wait until the playoffs are over to see if they can hire someone once the full staffs are being implemented on these new head coaching teams.

18 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont get how he was blocked by the bills one minute to interview and the next minute denver allows him to sign with Bucs. This is something the league should look in to as coercion. 

I don't believe the Kugler hire was official until after Fangio was announced to Denver and Kubiak would be OC, in which case I imagine he (Kugler) asked to be let go and/or all the staff was told they can look for work elsewhere.

The other side of this too is Arians could have been talking with Kugler the whole time without it being tampering.

11 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

And now per http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/ ...

"Bills national scout Marvin Allen is leaving to become the assistant GM in Miami, per Adam Schefter."

it always stinks losing guys like this but it isnt a huge blow outside of his knowledge that the bills have been collecting this year. I think these type of hires should be allowed after the draft and not before it since that is essentially their season.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Either McDermott is not able to recruit other coaches or we are waiting for guys currently coaching the playoffs.

Keith Armstrong and Sean Kugler have already gone elsewhere after interviewing here. 

I think Ray Brown is gonna be the OLine coach. I think we are just waiting to annoucer all the coaching additions at once.

12 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think Ray Brown is gonna be the OLine coach. I think we are just waiting to annoucer all the coaching additions at once.

Any reason you believe it is Brown? Or is it the Panther connection.

He would be a pretty uninspiring hiring IMO. 

Just some updates on names I've seen mentioned in this thread... Per http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

NY Jets: The Jets have extended the contract of special teams coordinator Brant Boyer, and he will remain on the staff of new head coach Adam Gase, per Adam Caplan.

Denver Broncos: Mike Munchak has agreed to terms to become the new offensive line coach, per Mike Klis.

And this mention just because it makes me giggle...a lot:

Green Bay: The Packers are hiring former Jaguars offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett as OC tweets Albert Breer.

8 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

Just some updates on names I've seen mentioned in this thread... Per http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

NY Jets: The Jets have extended the contract of special teams coordinator Brant Boyer, and he will remain on the staff of new head coach Adam Gase, per Adam Caplan.

Denver Broncos: Mike Munchak has agreed to terms to become the new offensive line coach, per Mike Klis.

And this mention just because it makes me giggle...a lot:

Green Bay: The Packers are hiring former Jaguars offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett as OC tweets Albert Breer.

Jets retaining Boyer is a smart move as he has brought a good ST to the table for them this past year.

I do not get the hire of Munchak, as they have no OC. If it is a playoff coach I would understand but if it is not. It may deter some guys from wanting to join.

Hackett is like a cockroach he some how manages to survive at the OC position. One day the NFL will realize he is a fraud and his offenses suck. For him this is a good spot  as he will literally not have to do a thing with an Offensive mind HC and Aaron Rodgers he will sit back and look like a genius for some other team to think he could be a HC. 

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

We apparently are hiring the Panthers assistant ST coach...because of course we are.

Hopefully he is an up and comer but this is a typical move of staying inside their click. Wish they would venture out and grab someone who has shown they are capable of doing the job. Really wanted Rizzi from Miami he has some grit to him 

Archived