Reservoir Dogs Reboot Mafia: Criminals Win!!!

Malfatron

Just now, Dome said:

1) yeah, dumb people 

2) this made me chuckle for other reasons. But yeah potentially. But he has to know if we lynched orca he’d be on a very short list

3) sure

4) note taken 

5) he was saying  I can’t vote for orca, because I tested it earlier and malf ignored it 

Well, Mafia, and persuasion / rhetoric in general, is an appeal to the masses.  I don't think a few of those are a stretch, but I'm basing them off my time with Rick in Neighbors and what I've been told on the meta.

The only one I think you really substantively disagree on is 5.  And I was not intending to omit that context, but rather emphasize that I read it as disingenuous / feigning surprise.  This point will be moot if I'm wrong on the ability, so I'm not really too stressed if people view it differently.

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

2) **if we lynched orca and discovered a conversion mechanic 

Why?  I'm probably missing meta or overcomplicating my thought process.

I think you're right.  I would be more willing to believe an Orca conversion as inculpatory than an Orca kill being exculpatory, but I think there is enough lazy meta and threadplay that people might buy it.  But, I'm also probably giving too much credit because a lot of people seem scared of being on the outside looking in on a lynch.  As in, they don't want to be the person who did not vote for someone who rolls over scum.

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Well, Mafia, and persuasion / rhetoric in general, is an appeal to the masses.  I don't think a few of those are a stretch, but I'm basing them off my time with Rick in Neighbors and what I've been told on the meta.

The only one I think you really substantively disagree on is 5.  And I was not intending to omit that context, but rather emphasize that I read it as disingenuous / feigning surprise.  This point will be moot if I'm wrong on the ability, so I'm not really too stressed if people view it differently.

You didn’t omit context, you fabricated it. Using the phrase “Can’t kill orca” when you know that wasn’t the spirit of the conversation is a sneaky way of twisting the conversation to your liking. 

I’m just making sure it didn’t go unnoticed 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

You didn’t omit context, you fabricated it. Using the phrase “Can’t kill orca” when you know that wasn’t the spirit of the conversation is a sneaky way of twisting the conversation to your liking. 

I’m just making sure it didn’t go unnoticed 

9 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Interesting thought

@Malfatron can we get VC?

8 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

@Dome looks like you cant cap the orca

tenor.gif?itemid=7332204

Sorry for interpreting "can't cap the Orca" as "can't kill Orca"

Some of my thoughts....

Orca is "dead" imo.  No way he posts that if he can come back.  Which means no conversion from that standpoint. 

I reread some of yesterday's posts and now believe this is not squire's typical scum game (one that I think I have a dead set read on).  

Rereading I have come to also now believe that swag may in fact be telling the truth (or at least some of it).  His posts towards the end of night felt more like town then his posts at the beginning of the game 

I think if the ratio started out 11-1 then the lone scum most likely is hiding out which fits gopher.  Added to that we have gophers lone 3 posts of the game which lends itself to being his scum game.  Another factor is the hit of orca (it has all the feels of a gopher hit).  Orca likes to tunnel in on gopher at times so I can fully see him taking that shot to get rid of him 

Just now, Dome said:

But you saw the context leading up to that.

5.  He seemed to playoff the idea of Orca being alive, which I hardly think is outlandish.  He thought it was "interesting" (shades of yesterday), and then followed it up with telling you, Dome, that you cannot kill Orca.  That whole interaction seemed off.

Yeah, and everyone else can see it too.  I did not explain it in detail, but I hardly misrepresented it.  You seemed to propose Orca could still be alive and tested it with a vote.  Rick thought it was interesting and asked for a vote count.  Then he told you that you "cannot cap Orca."

If you cannot see how someone could interpret that as feigning ignorance ("interesting") and pandering to reach a result (which he may have already known the answer to), then I think you're excluding a reasonable construction of the posts.

Moreover, I premised that post on a mechanic that will not be resolved today, which is why it was my 5th point -- it was the weakest because it's based entirely on a subjective construction of posts that had little content.

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Orca is "dead" imo.  No way he posts that if he can come back.  Which means no conversion from that standpoint. 

Why do you think that?

The fact that you (potentially others) believe he wouldn’t post that would be exactly why he did it. The fact it felt forced to me only makes it stick out that much more.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

But you saw the context leading up to that.

The motive behind it is that I currently have a theory that Orca is alive, and the post seemed to be feigning surprise / interest in the notion -- despite it being clearly possible via Malf's update post.  Then the request for a VC seemed like pandering because a VC is inevitable and likely looming.  There is no real need to request one.  Then, upon the VC I read Rick's post as dismissive of the notion. 

You're focused on the wrong aspect of that point.  I have asked some variation of "who we killing" in relation to a lynch in each game I've played (except maybe the Christmas game).  I'm apparently so vaunted that I would go with a high-risk misdirection on N1, but so ****ty that I would immediately **** up with a lazy/nefarious/unnecessary mischaracterization.

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Yeah, and everyone else can see it too.  I did not explain it in detail, but I hardly misrepresented it.  You seemed to propose Orca could still be alive and tested it with a vote.  Rick thought it was interesting and asked for a vote count.  Then he told you that you "cannot cap Orca."

You know people don’t stay read up. They come in and see a post like the one you made fully knowing that’s not what pickle meant and even using a less subtle word (kill vs cap) and take it at face value. You know this and from here on out I’m not responding to stuff I know that you already know lmao. Played that game too many times with folks. So if I don’t reply, it’s cause I’m not interested in getting yanked around.

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

If you cannot see how someone could interpret that as feigning ignorance ("interesting") and pandering to reach a result (which he may have already known the answer to), then I think you're excluding a reasonable construction of the posts.

I don’t take issue with your logic, just the way you presented it.

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Moreover, I premised that post on a mechanic that will not be resolved today, which is why it was my 5th point -- it was the weakest because it's based entirely on a subjective construction of posts that had little content.

5th point is still a point.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

The motive behind it is that I currently have a theory that Orca is alive, and the post seemed to be feigning surprise / interest in the notion -- despite it being clearly possible via Malf's update post.  Then the request for a VC seemed like pandering because a VC is inevitable and likely looming.  There is no real need to request one.  Then, upon the VC I read Rick's post as dismissive of the notion. 

You're focused on the wrong aspect of that point.  I have asked some variation of "who we killing" in relation to a lynch in each game I've played (except maybe the Christmas game).  I'm apparently so vaunted that I would go with a high-risk misdirection on N1, but so ****ty that I would immediately **** up with a lazy/nefarious/unnecessary mischaracterization.

Fair enough. I agree with your theory. 

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

Why do you think that?

The fact that you (potentially others) believe he wouldn’t post that would be exactly why he did it. The fact it felt forced to me only makes it stick out that much more.

The gif completely felt like he was frustrated again dying.  Just my take.

I also do not believe a conversion fits here, given the flavor and style of the game 

Archived