BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But now that leads to another question.

The rules state Double downs can be done all year, so if I cut Doug Baldwin on Jan 5th 2020, could I not then also double down Ben? 

I have officially updated the 2020 season calendar since it seems important to you. 

You don't have the cap space to Double Down Big Ben. Just 3 down him please and stop trying to game the system for your own benefit which is what it seems like to everyone but you.,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Calendar of Events

January - Enjoy they NFL Playoffs.

February - Feb 3rd. Rosters Unlock and players can be traded again. 3 Ups and 3 Downs open.

March - March 16-31 RFA Tags and Offers 

April - April 6th 2019 BDL Draft (2-3 weeks before the NFL draft.) 

May - May 31st. last chance to use this seasons 3 Ups and 3 Downs.

June - June 1st. FA begins - 3 weeks per the seasons schedule. .

July - End of the month, Summer Owners’ Meeting as needed.

August - After 3rd preseason game, Shark Tank - 1 year deals

September-December - Regular season. Waivers open. 

November 1st - Day of the Trade Deadline. No Trades after this date.

December - BDL Playoffs and Bizzbowl.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I really am trying my best to understand here.

But it seems like these dates are pretty much being made up as we go along that we are creating rules and deadlines on the fly and that is a large part of where my frustration to coming from

They change season to Season and are normally not updated until January when we reset for the next season. Nothing else about this season and rosters can change dramatically at this point.

Basically when the new season starts on Feb 3rd Doug Baldwin will be gone from your roster is you want and then all rosters unlock all contracts get s year removed and things start over. 

Edited by SirA1

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except you literally just said the next season doesn't start until Feb 3rd. 

You are picking the 25th as the date to end it. That's literally making things up as we go along.

I'm not picking the 25th out of a hat.

The 25th is when the last voting for the Bizz Bowl can happen. Once the Bizz Bowl is over the Season is Over.

Next year is will be a different date., The year after that a different date. 

Edited by SirA1

@wwhickok I don't know why you're so impatient to get your roster stuff done for 2020, especially with two players for whom it benefits you to wait to do anything with. You have, at minimum, three months ahead of you to sort out your roster. It's really best to wait as long as you can to make any sort of roster decisions because you have no control over what NFL teams decide to do with their players.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

How convenient rhat you changed it amidst a discussion about its flaws.

The dates change every year based off of RL events like the Superbowl and the NFL Draft. They always have.

Not sure what you can't understand about that.

No one normally cares until later January but I took time out of my limited vacation to update it because it seems like the only thing you want for Christmas.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

It should be the same dsmn date every year. 

Not the Bizz Bowl, the final opportunity for cuts.

Also according to the rules I can do double downs all year.

If the rosters dont unlock for the new season until Feb 3rd, then by the rules I did not create, I can double down Ben because he will be on a 2 year contract until Feb 3rd. 

So i intend to do exactly that. And that, for me, is the end of the discussion. Have a merry Chrristmas

But you don't have $15K in cap space to double down him now you have to have that in order to Double Down someone. On Feb 3rd Big Ben will have a 1 year contract and there will be nothing to Double Down.