BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I’m not going to veto it but shame on @Ragnarok trying to post a trade like that and believe it would be respectable.

I approved it so he can learn from mistakes. But Jack, a real life second round pick from a year ago who is likely going to play well in the new scheme as it fits his skill set, and an irl third for Evans and a cap dump. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I approved it so he can learn from mistakes. But Jack, a real life second round pick from a year ago who is likely going to play well in the new scheme as it fits his skill set, and an irl third for Evans and a cap dump. 

We call real life GMs bad for placing their scheme over personnel and in that sense it’s a great learning experience. Just let’s be real, in this league and NFL your scheme features 6 man fronts. In that sense, no reason to trade Jack for someone who may have to leave the field (IE not start) on those six man fronts.

Edited by MD4L

Just now, MD4L said:

We call real life GMs bad for placing their scheme over personnel and in that sense it’s a great learning experience. Just let’s be real, in this league and NFL you’re scheme features 6 man fronts. In that sense, no reason to trade Jack for someone who may have to leave the field (IE not start) on those six man fronts.

And for the player who couldn’t beat out Woodyard or Jayon Brown. Good Lbers usually make impacts their rookie years if healthy. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We call real life GMs bad for placing their scheme over personnel and in that sense it’s a great learning experience. Just let’s be real, in this league and NFL you’re scheme features 6 man fronts. In that sense, no reason to trade Jack for someone who may have to leave the field (IE not start) on those six man fronts.

Thats a fair point that i hadnt considered before

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

And for the player who couldn’t beat out Woodyard or Jayon Brown. Good Lbers usually make impacts their rookie years if healthy. 

Evans was hurt the first part of the year.  He played as much as either of those guys the rest of the way.

13 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I’m not going to veto it but shame on @Ragnarok trying to post a trade like that and believe it would be respectable.

Just to be clear, he approached me about trading Rashaan.  I gave him an idea of what I would want in terms of draft capital because I do value Rashaan highly based on his play the second half of the season, and he came back with the offer.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Just to be clear, he approached me about trading Rashaan.  I gave him an idea of what I would want in terms of draft capital because I do value Rashaan highly based on his play the second half of the season, and he came back with the offer.  

I get that most of the owners with experience are not offering you that, but that’s pretty close to being unacceptable. 

Glad we’ve put some needed discussion into this. If others feel this trade is good I’m ok with it. Will not personally put my name on this though.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I get that most of the owners with experience are not offering you that, but that’s pretty close to being unacceptable. 

Glad we’ve put some needed discussion into this. If others feel this trade is good I’m ok with it. Will not personally put my name on this though.

Your stance makes me regret approving it. But I won’t back out. It still has my approval. I’ll wash the blood money.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

New owners like to build their own team.  

That said, if you all really do feel like I took advantage of a new owner in an unacceptable manner(not veto-level, cause this isn't), I would be willing to agree to have the 5th round pick removed as a gesture of good faith.

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Your stance makes me regret approving it. But I won’t back out. It still has my approval. I’ll wash the blood money.

Well like you said about @wwhickok, it’s a great learning experience for yourself as a trade committee member. This trade doesn’t destroy balance of the leauge which is the only time a veto should truly be of use.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

New owners like to build their own team.  

That said, if you all really do feel like I took advantage of a new owner in an unacceptable manner(not veto-level, cause this isn't), I would be willing to agree to have the 5th round pick removed as a gesture of good faith.

Or he could just bail on his own trade and find better value elsewhere

• Like 1